Complaint Review: Malibu Rehabilitation Center, Gregory Beaton

• Submitted: Sat, November 15, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, February 05, 2009

• Reported By:Malibu California
Malibu Rehabilitation Center, Gregory Beaton
24945 Pacific Coast Highway Suite C102 Malibu, California U.S.A.

Malibu Rehabilitation Center, Malibu Rehab, Gregory Beaton Insurance Fraud & Molestation! Malibu California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: The Report is a Hoax and there is no such patient ever treated,demand the author to provide proof

*Consumer Suggestion: Rip Off Also Polly Badt/Body Rehab Center Malibu

*Consumer Suggestion: Body Rehab Center - Polly Badt Malibu Physical Therapy

After having been involved in a severe car accident, I was refferred to this physical therapist by my primary physician. Though he wasn't highly reccomended, it was conviniently close to my home. My first visit was fine, although I felt immidiately worse rather than better. I continued my therapy for a few weeks.

After recieving my insurance statement in the mail, I noticed a high amount of these visits to physical therapy. Thinking it was a fluke, I called my insurance company to inquire. It just so happend that the physical therapy office charged numerous visits on dates I didn't revieve therapy.

I confronted their staff regarding the matter and requested full documentation. The print out only had dates on it that I had been present, so a little relief came as I reverted back to the idea that the insurance had an error. I went in that day for my normal treatment, and knowing I am uncomfortable (as I had a lower spine injury) the therapist was aware that I didn't like to be touched or massaged certain places.

Nearly five minutes into my therapy session, this so called therapist is pushing down on my injury and sliding his hands between my legs. (Never had that been a routine in my therapy) I figured he's lift my leg to align my back or something... and to my shock and fear his hands had wandered all the way up! It is disturbing for me to share this experience, but I feel it's mandatory so that he can prey upon no other victims! After filing a police report, they basically stated that he would get off saying it was part of therapy.

Needless to say I didn't go back. After my "trauma" wore off so to speak, I recieved another statement from my insurance. I spoke with the insurance reps and managers. The physical therapy office had been fraudgulently runnung visits off of my plan to collect extra money! I don't want to leave the entire story, just beware, and take my advice, don't step a foot into that office, I should've trusted my instincs and gone to a well refferred therapist.

Misc.malibu
Malibu, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2008 02:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Malibu-Rehabilitation-Center-Gregory-Beaton/Malibu-California-90265/Malibu-Rehabilitation-Center-Malibu-Rehab-Gregory-Beaton-Insurance-Fraud-Molestation-391500. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Malibu Rehabilitation Center, Gregory Beaton

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: Gregory S. Beaton, Pt,ocs - (U.S.A.)

It is with great regret and against my better judgment to even dignify this ridiculous hoax with a response but with the computer age people believe what they read just because someone posted something. This is a complete fabrication I called the Malibu/Lost Hills Sheriff Department (310) 456-6652 and to no such surprise there is absolutely no police report in LA County against Greg Beaton or Malibu Rehabilitation Center according to Lisa the Supervisor of records at the Sheriff Department.
Clearly this person is mentally unstable and I have no idea why anyone would post such a lie. I would never do any illegal billing of any kind and according to my staff there was no such person who called about problems with any insurance of fraudulent billing. As a matter of fact I rarely treat people with motor vehicle accidents that have a lower back injury. Usually these people have whiplash and I would be treating their neck anyway. Again that is proof that this is a fabrication!
I demand the author provide some proof that this event ever happened. (Which they cannot and therefore that is the reason they posted their hoax miscellaneously) The website suggests that I give some positive references showing that I have a good reputation. This is not necessary for I have been in Malibu for 20 years and in practice for 23 years.
If you are reading this you have unfortunately seen the false report in this computer age where anyone can say anything. Please disregard this and feel free to give me a call at (310) 456-9332 if you have any questions or concerns. As always i will continue to treat patients with the respectful care that I have always delivered.

Sincerely,

Gregory S Beaton PT, OCS
Board Certified Orthopedic Specialist

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Rip Off Also Polly Badt/Body Rehab Center Malibu

AUTHOR: Sharon - (U.S.A.)

Everyone needs to check their Insurance documents carefully. Medical Providers are getting away with thousands of dollars per month. I am a victim of Polly Badt/Body Rehab Center overcharging. In fact she did this to all her patients.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Body Rehab Center - Polly Badt Malibu Physical Therapy

AUTHOR: Sharon - (U.S.A.)

I had an insurance problem with Polly Badt owner of Body Rehab Center. She has overcharged her patients and insurance companies. I filed a grievance claim with my insurance company and they are currently investigating her.

I would love to talk to you. can I contact you somehow? I have a lot of information that could be helpful.