Complaint Review: Malkin Properties

• Updated: Sat, July 06, 2013

• Reported By: Saurabh — Vienna Virginia
Malkin Properties
8130 Prescott Drive. Vienna, VA 22180 Vienna, Virginia USA

Malkin Properties Merrifield at Dunn Loring Unhygienic Living conditions and Incorrect charges after Vacating Vienna Virginia

I was tenant of following apartment at Merrifield at Dunn Loring till 31 May 2013 and my address was

2703 Livingstone Lane, Apt 101, Vienna, VA-22180

It was terrible 1 year to live with roaches and mice in your apartment - everytime I used to complain a Pest control is done but just to complete my lease I have to consider Roaches and Mice as my roommates in this apartment.

Couple of days back I got mail from them stating that I owe a balance of $920 to Merrifield which is a surprise and shock to me for carpet replacement and house cleaning.

When I vacated my Apartment it was in livable conditions and I kept it always clean - still they have charged me $720 for Carpet Replacement and $200 for house cleaning. I was told that $80 will be deducted for carpet cleaning and if I pay $200 then they will clean the house and if I clean the house myself this is not needed and we cleaned the apartment thoroughly before handing over the keys to Merrifield.

I have always paid my rents and dues on time and now they have sent notice that if I don't pay this amount by July 15 they will report to credit departments for non payment. I vacated my apartment on May 31 and there was no letter sent till July 2nd.

Please take a look at this issue and try and help me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2013 10:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Malkin-Properties/Vienna-Virginia-22180/Malkin-Properties-Merrifield-at-Dunn-Loring-Unhygienic-Living-conditions-and-Incorrect-ch-1064856. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Malkin Properties