Complaint Review: Management advantage/Associa Colorado

• Submitted: Fri, February 05, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, February 22, 2012

• Reported By: Afraid of Retaliation — Denver Colorado U.S.A.
Management advantage/Associa Colorado
10 N Mead Colorado Springs, Colorado United States of America

Management advantage/Associa Colorado Associa Colorado Unethical, immoral, unfair, undemocratic, unprofssional, inept treatment of property and homeowners Colorado Springs, Colorado

*UPDATE Employee: Local CEO

*Author of original report: Taking these matters seriously.

*UPDATE Employee: Response from Associa

I will not say too much here, because of the retalliation factor that I have already experience, and it is bullied, blatant, and extemely obvious, although hardly beleivable. I wanted to confirm the other report by the Rockrimmon Condo as another Condo that the same company (Managment Advantage, who has changed their name 3 times in the space of 5 years? what's that about?).

This company finds a way of getting the board to comply and work for them, as mentioned in the Rockrimmon Condo. They are hired by the board, but somehow they intiimidate the boards into rubber stamping their agendas; which is basically making easy money, and they don't want to bothered with any real work.

They have the law on their side because any time we try to stand up for our rights, we have to pay for two attorneys...our and theirs. And judges almost always rule in the favor for the HOA/attnorneys because really, HOA property is a privately owned corporation, thus the judge doesn't want to step on an area that's not completely in his/her juristiction, so that becomes a grey area of the law.

Therefore, homeowners within HOA are subject to getting bullied. I don't want to say the specifics here, but to confirm the same kind of situation and treatment, not returning phone calls, not fixing anything, and then taking people to court for minor infractions that could have been dealt with on a more casual level, such as the way the maintentance, etc is dealt with, in a very casual level.

Lastly, they are liers. This really make it difficult, even mediation is not effective with liers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2010 08:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Management-advantageAssocia-Colorado/Colorado-Springs-Colorado-80908/Management-advantageAssocia-Colorado-Associa-Colorado-Unethical-immoral-unfair-undemoc-565268. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Management advantage/Associa Colorado

Local CEO

AUTHOR: Associa Customer Service - (United States of America)

Were anxious to listen to your story and help you.

Please feel free to contact the local CEO directly at 303-962-1612 or by email: jcox@associacolorado.com.

Taking these matters seriously.

AUTHOR: Adstuff - (U.S.A.)

Thank you for responding to this ripoff report! (nearly 2 years later). This is clearly a situation of too little too late!

This is a generic e-mail you have provided, and I because of past treatment, I am very suspicious of contacting such a generic places as customerservice@. Yes this makes somewhat of a good appearance for you, but I will not subject myself to red tape and miscommunications, political maneauvers; and will only speak to someone who can prove to me authority over the Colorado Springs Office. If you would provide me an email of a real person who in the main office of Associa, maybe that would help me with my situation.

I have been locked out with talking to the board of MY homeowners assocication by the management company in Colorado Springs; and I will not set myself up to be bullied and victimized by this company any more. Therefore, I will not communicate with an anonymous email.

I actually suspect since it took nearly 2 years to respond to this complaint that there is someone onboard trying to clean up the image of Associa and that its not an authentic response to my situation. But I would LOVE to find a solution. In all honestly, I have just been waiting for the company to change hands, or go out of business, and then deal with the new people, because these people are bullies, and I have a paper trail to prove it.

I am very afraid of making my identify known, unless to someone in true authority who is willing to do creative problem solving instead of using every situation as an easy way to make money, and intimidate homeowners with their power and greed.

Response from Associa

AUTHOR: Associa Customer Service - (United States of America)

Thanks for sharing your story, and we are sorry to hear of your concerns. We take matters like this

very seriously. Please email customerservice@associaonline.com with a number where you can best be reached, and we will ensure that an executive speaks with you soon.