Complaint Review: Manchanda Law Offices

• Submitted: Wed, September 12, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, October 18, 2010

• Reported By:Brooklyn New York
Manchanda Law Offices
80 Wall Street, Suite 705 New York, New York U.S.A.
  • Phone: 212-968-8600
  • Web:
  • Category: Lawyers

Manchanda Law Offices, Rahul Manchanda This company is financially exploited all of its clients New York New York

*Consumer Comment: please help me

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: DO NOT USE MANCHANDA (if you want a lawyer who will effectively solve your problem without bankrupting you)

*Consumer Comment: Rahul Manchanda's work made all the difference for me

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Time to Pay the Piper, Mr. Manchanda

I worked for Rahul Manchanda and Manchanda Law Offices back when there was no one but him working there. I never thought to question why he had no employees. This was about 3 years or so ago. It was absolutely the worst way I have ever been treated by a boss. He would yell and scream at me, and at the people who worked on the floor of the building. He would smoke cigarettes in his office. The worst of it all is him adding excessive extra hours to billable hours to clients that he did no work on. He told me I was too nice; he wanted me to yell at the clients to get them to pay their bills. The retainer fees I always thought were over expensive and he took every case that came through the door, even if he had no idea how to help them.

This man should be disbarred from working in NY or anywhere else in this country. He steals people's money, and the worst part about it is that he doesn't even care.

Jenny
Brooklyn, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2007 06:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Manchanda-Law-Offices/New-York-New-York-10005/Manchanda-Law-Offices-Rahul-Manchanda-This-company-is-financially-exploited-all-of-its-cl-274352. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Manchanda Law Offices

please help me

AUTHOR: anonymous - (Virgin Islands (US))

please help me, i want to find a petition against him! he stole 20,000 $ from me!!!

I am despaired !!! please help. i have only the money to pay the rent

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Xtg - (U.S.A.)

I worked for this firm for a period of months. During my employment, I realized that many, many attorneys and staff had been through the firm's doors, and it did not take long to realize why. This firm seems to be sinking. Why is this firm sinking? Its owner, Rahul Manchanda, does not know what he is doing.

Now, he will try to convince you that he knows what he is doing. He will tell you that he went to Yale (though if it is true, I do not think you will find an actual degree on his glory wall). He will also tell you that he belongs to the same (a) religious, (b) social, (c) economic group that you do, in order to make you feel like he is just like you. When, in fact, the likelihood is that he is lying. He has like 3,000,000 websites (content all probably created by him) declaring his preeminence in the world of immigration law. If you google his name, you will see that he's been on some Fox news programs (which, it should be noted, do not add to his credibility. From what I understand, those spots are considered advertising, and I believe he had to pay to be on those shows).

However, please be warned that he mistreats his staff. In fact, many of his former employees have complained that he uses all variety of racial and gender epithets and slurs against his employees (and to his employees when referring to clients). Because he cannot keep consistent staff - either because they quit, or he fires them - there is no consistency in representation. So, you will be billed over and over again, for new attorneys reviewing your file, which the previous attorney was working on.

Also, you should note that he does bill for his immigration services. Immigration law is largely transactional, unless you have an issue that will bring you into court or requires an appeal. Most experienced immigration lawyers know exactly how much time it will take to prepare your documentation for any number of visa applications. As such, they should be able to charge you a flat fee up front. And, very few issues should run you a $25,000 bill. However, if you hire this firm, you will, in a very short period of time, be looking at a maxed-out credit card, with Manchanda staff calling you every day to "replenish your retainer."

So: a word to the wise. Take these postings to heart. Do your research, and find a reputable attorney. And, do not trust an attorney who sings his or her praises too much, because they are probably lying - just like Rahul Manchanda. He will take your money - all of your money - and give you very little, if not nothing, in return. And, in the end, when you complain, he may threaten to have you deported. This is not the mark of a good lawyer.

Rahul Manchanda's work made all the difference for me

AUTHOR: C.c. - (U.S.A.)

I understand that all businesses make mistakes and that some people you just can't please. I also understand that a disgruntled ex-employee or disgruntled former client might want to settle a score by damaging the reputation of the person they blame. I'd like to relate MY experience with Mr. Rahul Manchanda and his law firm, because it was a very positive one for which I am very thankful. There are always two sides of the coin.
I was a victim of spousal abuse. I had been denied help several times because of my immigration status being undocumented in America and also for being married to "just" a legal resident. The reason being, for me to receive help, my husband had to be a U.S. Citizen, and this made my case very complicated. I pleaded with many lawyers for help, many saw my case as a dead end. One actually laughed when I asked if I was eligible for a U Visa, but thanks to the aggressive, knowledgeable, compassionate and dedicated Manchanda Law Offices PLLC I could finally see hope and an end to my misery.Mr. Manchanda is a man of his word, and someone that cares deeply for his clients.

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Time to Pay the Piper, Mr. Manchanda

AUTHOR: A Concerned Former Employee - (U.S.A.)

It's about time that Mr. Manchanda is being exposed for the way he has conducted business. He is a vile, disgusting EVIL human being. I can only hope that justice prevails and Mr. Manchanda loses his license to practice law. He has preyed upon countless, innocent clients by taking their money and not helping them pursue their legal objectives. I have read all of the rip off reports and do not doubt the veracity of these complaints for a moment.

I googled Mr. Manchanda and learned that he is suing this website for defamation. Even a layman knows that one does not have a cause of action for defamation if the "defamatory" statements are based on TRUTH. It just goes to show that Mr. Manchanda's legal acumen is SEVERELY lacking.

Not only can he not practice law; he has problems adhering to them as well. Mr. Manchanda has been arrested on at least one occasion. Surprise, surprise.

I sincerely hope and strongly encourage that Mr. Manchanda's former clients file bar complaints against him IMMEDIATELY. It is the only way he will be stopped from harming future unsuspecting victims.