Complaint Review: Mandiant

• Updated: Mon, January 20, 2014

• Reported By: Gurillagamer — Barre Vermont
Mandiant
http://alert-police.estateagentsolutions.net/?id=a Internet USA

Mandiant, Mandiant USA cyber security, FBI Department of Defense, USA Cyber crime center, ISPCA (international cyber security protection Alliance), Copyright Alliance, USA Ministry of InteriorInterpol This scam hijacks your browser and threatens to keep it that way unless you pay Internet

I was browsing some adult websites and I got redirected (which happens sometimes).  This time I was redirected to this page (alert-police.estateagentsolutions.net/?id=a8151f97ebff2534b6aa874233de0bee ) DO NOT CLICK this is REFERENCE ONLY.

This page accused me of illegal sexual activities and piracy.  I have not done ether of those so that was the first thing that looked fishy.  The page hijacked my browser claming to have encrypted and recorded all of my information and computer activities.

The page said it would not release my browser until I payed a 300$ fine.  The page went on to say if the fine was not payed within 7 days then I would have legal charges brought against me with no potion to pay the fine.

The payment method thay wanted me to use was called moneypak and the moneypak button was right over an add for 7-11, walmart, CVS, Kmart etc.

I have some friends in the government and Im pretty sure no such ad would ever grace an official government page.  I'm also sure that the US government deals with cyber threats a bit differently than a 300$ fine and your off the hook.

the page was writhe with fear tactics like displaying the town and state I live in etc

I was unable to close my browser the usual way but lucky for me I'm a little computer savvy.  I had to use the ctrl+alt+del function to close the browser.  Then I reset the browser (firefox in my case (shift+click icon to open)).  Then the problem was gone.

as scary as it was at first it is undoubtably false, be carful out there

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2014 11:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mandiant/internet/Mandiant-Mandiant-USA-cyber-security-FBI-Department-of-Defense-USA-Cyber-crime-center-1116984. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mandiant