- Report: #1005859
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Maner Garage
Maner Garage114 East Oakland Avenue Tallahassee, Florida United States of America
Maner Garage SCAM! Tallahassee, Florida
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
PLEASE READ REVIEW #1!!!
I tried to do two separate reviews but it wouldn't let me. So I will just write them both here since they are very different experiences with a two year difference. The first experience I give it an "Excellent". This is the rating that I had on here for a few years, but now I am going back to change it. My second Review I would rate as "Poor". So I will go ahead and average them out to a "Fair", but realistically Poor/Fair are on the same button. The first review you will read is the "poor" experience while the second one is the "Excellent" experience. I rarely write reviews on google (I have only written 2) and so today I was writing a review for a new business and now with this new Google+ format I saw I had this review. I instantly got upset that
I had such a good review on here that I knew I had to change it right away. I completely forgot that I had a positive review on here as my problem happened 2 years after I wrote the original.
It was the same mechanics both times.
1) This happened in April/May 2011. I had a BMW 3 series that never had engine problems and was in great condition both inside and out. One day I noticed there was some excess smoke coming out the exhaust, and the throttle response was almost dead. So I take it to Maners and they said I got bad gas and some spark-plugs need to be replaced (they cracked one spark-plug during install but replaced it for free) and they treated my car with some chemicals that should clean out the build up of carbon. So when I get my car back they tell me its going to smoke a lot but I just need to drive it really hard to blow out all the build up. Well I leave the garage with my car smoking up a storm and I am still having the throttle response problems. There is an insane amount of smoke coming out the back and I keep hearing it back fire. It sounded like rocks were shooting out the back. At the traffic light the smoke was so bad, the car behind me actually reversed about 30 feet to get out of the way. Well my car eventually can't even go more than a few miles an hr trying to go home, and I have my car towed back to the garage. The car didn't even have enough power to drive up the flat bed. So I take it back to the shop and they say the fuel pump is bad. They replace the fuel pump and... same sh*. Doesn't work. Now instead of billows of smoke, just smoking like a chimney. So I guess it was operable, but something was clearly wrong. When I would turn on my car
it would blow huge smoke rings and then sputter out smoke. So I take it back and they say its the catalytic converters are bad. So they take my car to an exhaust shop around the corner. I speak to the exhaust guy and he says my Cats
are fine, that its an engine problem. At this point I was so pissed off I just decided to tow my car all the way home (4 hrs away from Tallahassee) and have my mechanic look at the car who is extremely reliable and honest. I had the car
actually towed to my house since it was the weekend, and I didn't want to leave the keys in the car over the weekend since the shop was closed. So my dad drives my car to the shop and the brand new fuel pump explodes and gets gas
everywhere. Literally everywhere in my car. All over my interior, causing some staining on carpet/leather and also some leather and other upholstery was "eaten" by the gas. So my mechanic gets a look at it and he says the problem were some seals/gaskets and gas lines needed to be replaced. We told him about the other stuff done and he doesn't think any of that helped. That the problem I was having is somewhat common. If anything, they made it worse since the gas destroyed my interior. The "chemicals" that cost me a few hundred bucks was probably a $10 can of sea foam. Once my mechanic fixed it
the car was working fine. Maybe the new spark-pluge helped, can't say they hurt since new spark-plugs are generally a good thing. The new fuel pump certainly didn't help, that was a bad thing actually. The "chemicals" whatever they were didn't help but hurt my wallet. I think I wasted about $1,700 or easily more at the shop, wish I never took my car there. I never called the garage or did anything about it because there was no use really, I moved out of Tallahassee and bought a new car a week later. Maners originally told me I had a bad batch of gas which is what caused all these problems... I reported the
gas station I got gas from and the results came back normal. The gas was tested right away and it was the same batch of gas I put in my car. My cars interior was also insanely dirty. Looks like they went for some joy rides (not sure how
though) or had a pet monkey that was covered in grease released inside the cabin. I am still trying to figure out why there would be multiple full hand prints of grease on the ceiling of my interior in the back seats along with boot prints.
Two polar opposite experiences, take what you want from them. If you are from Maners garage, don't even bother calling me unless you intend on giving me back my money. Anyone can feel free to e-mail me at (((ROR redacted)))
2) This all happened in May 2009 but I forgot to write a review since I went back home for the summer. My roommates car broke down today and I recommended this place to him today, and then I remembered to write this.... My gf was visiting me here at FSU and her care completely broke down, the engine needed to be replaced. We took it to several other places and they told us it would take a week or two to replace the engine, but the problem was she had to be back to her school in 5 days to take an exam. We then towed it to Maners Garage and they said no problem, we'll get it done in 4 days. Sure
enough they did. And it took 3 days for the order of the new engine to come in. Excellent work, when we went home I made my local mechanic check it out and he said they did good work. They also did other stuff that needed to be replaced
that neither of us knew about. (don't worry they showed us and everything checked out that it needed to be replaced, it only added like $30 to the bill anyways). Excellent excellent job. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.Couple weeks later my friends
car was having some trouble. (actually my gfs stepbrother) He took it there, and he had the same experience. Excellent work at an excellent price. This place was recommended to me by one of the tow truck drivers from AAA. He said
they have been around for a long time and are known to good work. And he was definitely right.
Update: As of February 2013 My Ex-Gfs car is still running. It is acting a little funny but I do not believe her problems are related to the work that was done at Maners (seems to be transmission problems)
CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2013 10:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Maner-Garage/Tallahassee-Florida-32303/Maner-Garage-SCAM-Tallahassee-Florida-1005859. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.