Complaint Review: Maner's Garage

Maner's Garage
114 East Oakland Avenue Tallahassee, Florida United States of America

Maner's Garage "Beware of the Rip off Mechanic" Tallahassee, Florida

*Consumer Comment: Shops markup parts

This mechanic/Manager (Billy Merkel) and it's owner (Ron) are clearly trying to screw people. I had my vehicle repaired at this garage a couple of times. They will tell you one thing and perform another on your vehicle. They over charge on their prices for their parts! I guess this guy thought I was born in January of 2010. I called the same place (Car Quest) that this jerk orders his parts from and received a different quote over the phone. Then told him that I could get the part cheaper from Car Quest, Auto Zone and Pep Boys. This jerk stated: That must have been on the remanufacture parts. "I said to my self, are you leaving vehicles runing. Then closing the garage door and inhaling the carbon monoxide". I said listen Billy, the quotes I received are for new parts.

Also if Billy feels he can get more money out of you, he will quote you a different price from someone else getting the same work performed. Please stay away from this garage! Plus this is when you know he is about to lie. Billy will say "You know what I'm Sayin". Then here comes the load of bull@!#* Please folks this jerk has pissed me off so bad, to cool off I sat in my kids Kiddi Pool to cool off!!!! Dear Lord forgive me and the Jerk at that Garage Amen!

Until next time be alert, stand up and be strong! GET R DONE!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2010 01:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Maners-Garage/Tallahassee-Florida-32303/Maners-Garage-Beware-of-the-Rip-off-Mechanic-Tallahassee-Florida-615807. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Maner's Garage

Shops markup parts

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

"I called the same place (Car Quest) that this jerk orders his parts from and received a different quote over the phone."

Your primary complaint seems to be that this shop charges more for parts than Car Quest.   What shop doesn't mark up parts?   That's one of the ways they make their money.   If you want to pay the Car Quest price for your parts, buy them at Car Quest and install them yourself.