Complaint Review: Maniord Knives

• Updated: Thu, January 17, 2013

• Reported By: Lee — Sterling Virginia USA
Maniord Knives
2629 S Mount Olive Street Siloam Springs, Arkansas United States of America

Maniord Knives Michael J. Maniord Solicits money for custom knives, refuses to return emails or calls, refuses to give knife or a refund Siloam Springs, Arkansas

*General Comment: Need help

Michael Maniord, who runs (or ran) Maniordknives.com, had a website showing some impressively crafted handmade knives.  I emailed him to inquire about having one made in December 2010, a custom WSK and he assured me that he could have it produced in approximately two weeks, with a leather sheath.  I sent two PayPal payments totaling $375.00.  I emailed him twice in January 2011 after the delay and he informed me that the knife would be ready within the week.  He then stopped returning emails, including in February and March.

Finally, in June 2011, I confronted him and threatened to sue him in small claims court, report him to the Better Business Bureau, Ripoffreport.com, the American Knifemakers Guild and various knife magazines.  He curiously responded within the hour in a groveling email, trying to garner sympathy with a sob story about how broke and overworked he is, how his eBay account is suspended (go figure) and how he can't get the money, but can make a knife!  I told him not to insult my intelligence, and that he had until the end of the week to issue my refund.  He insisted in June that he could get the money "in a few weeks" and it is now the end of August and I am suing him Friday in Loudoun County Virginia Small Claims Court.

His website has been taken down, probably to duck all of the other individuals that he has ripped off, as reports of this two bit con artist pulling the same scam are all over the Internet.  If only I had read them before giving this cowardly, thieving liar my money.  Don't even consider contacting this shady individual about having a knife made, as you will never see it, nor your money again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2011 06:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Maniord-Knives/Siloam-Springs-Arkansas-72761/Maniord-Knives-Michael-J-Maniord-Solicits-money-for-custom-knives-refuses-to-return-emai-768469. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Maniord Knives

#1 General Comment

Need help

AUTHOR: konna - (United States of America)

Going through the same thing with knife maker Tim Horan (Horan Knives).I'm a New Hampshire Fire Fighter and had paid for Tim to make me and other guys on the dept. some entry/exit tools (knives) and he ripped me off, $600.00. Please contact at seamusmurphy603@hotmail.com so we can discuss how you went about resolving your problem in greater detail. Thanks a lot.