- Report: #272853
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Manitoba Public Insurance MPI
Manitoba Public Insurance MPIManitoba Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada
Manitoba Public Insurance MPI Immobilizor Program Ripoff Winnipeg Manitoba
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I had a 1992 Plymouth Voyager, which happens to be one of the "Most At Risk" vehicles. It needs an immobilizor. I heard about the promotion to get one installed last year, so I went to get it installed. The people at the shop told me that all my electrical problems needed to be resolved before allowing it to be put in.
Here's what doesn't work:
1. Rear wiper (Short in the system somewhere).
2. Air conditioner
3. Air Bag (This could be argued that a lot of other vehicles on the road don't have air bags, but are still insured)
4. Cruise Control
5. Security Light (This could be decorative for all we know, but they told us we had to rip everything open to find out).
6. Right speaker cuts in and out.
The cost of the problems to be resolved would be more than the vehicle's worth. The vehicle is mechanically sound.
This year, we find out that it's law to have an immobilizor to be put in. We tried this already. They will not insure our vehicle. They would instead offer $400 to pay for the repairs, but we would have to pay this back as soon as possible. They were very rigid in trying to help us out. Unfortunately, MPI has a monopoly over the insurance.
I have talked with the managers of MPI and even the Minister that handles the MPI Act, but with no avail. I was forced to purchase another vehicle which I am just able to afford. Other families may not be so lucky.
MPI has forced me to lose my only vehicle, which I needed to transport my visual impared father around in.
Thank you for reading
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/06/2007 02:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Manitoba-Public-Insurance-MPI/Winnipeg-Manitoba/Manitoba-Public-Insurance-MPI-Immobilizor-Program-Ripoff-Winnipeg-Manitoba-272853. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.