Complaint Review: Mann Marketing Group

• Updated: Mon, March 19, 2012

• Reported By: aws — Bristol Tennessee United States of America
Mann Marketing Group
112 East Myrtle Ave Johnson City, Tennessee United States of America

Mann Marketing Group Pulled in for an interview I was the only one professionally dressed he went through a quick 10 minute spill and when I started to ask more questions he kept saying that these were questions for a 2nd Johnson City, Tennessee

*Consumer Comment: They sell DirecTV at Sam's Club

I went in for an initial interview very well dressed as the others were young and wearing jeans etc.  I was told on the phone that it was for a Management position that I would be interviewing for.  I was concerned when I arrived due to the fact that I couldn't believe what I was seeing.
I am a professional so I went in to the interview and it took all of 10-15 minutes.  When I tried to ask questions Mr. Mann said those were questions for a second interview and that I would be called back for one.
Of course the call came as he said it would and at the precise time to boot.  When I tried to ask further questions he said to plan to be there for 2 hours and the questions would then be answered. He also said that I would have to work a day in the field for free with a manager to see how they did the job and that I would be trained then for management.
Needless to say the red flags went up even further.  I decided to further my investigation on this company and found that this is a scam.  I being a professional called to cancel this second interview.  I wasted gas and time going to the first interview and wasn't going to be scammed out of more gas and time.
This is horrible I am a single mother of 2 and unemployed these people are predators and are getting away with scams like this.  As a parent needing to find employment to care for my kids I had hoped that this may have been a real opportunity.  I am to old for this kind of games and these companies need to be stopped.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/16/2012 06:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mann-Marketing-Group/Johnson-City-Tennessee-/Mann-Marketing-Group-Pulled-in-for-an-interview-I-was-the-only-one-professionally-dressed-854717. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mann Marketing Group

They sell DirecTV at Sam's Club

AUTHOR: Baby - (United States of America)

So apparently Mann Marketing is an umbrella of Smart Circle company. Smart Circle has their hand in a lot of products/services. Mann Marketing sells DirecTV at the Sam's Club. This company is not selling coupons, they are setting up DirecTV service. I spoke with Mann Marketing employees at Sam's Club. Just a strange company to list on Craigslist/CareerBuilder and not tell you any details during the interview only vague discussions (if it was not for that people would not speculate as much). They just need some lessons in Interviewing people.