Complaint Review: Manpower

• Submitted: Mon, March 16, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, March 17, 2009

• Reported By:Nashville Illinois
Manpower
P.O. Box 2053 Milwaukee, Wisconsin U.S.A.

Manpower, Sullivna Singers Booster Clun, INC Sent a 2,975 check. Was to cash, send money gram and keep 200.00 plus a 50.00 walmart purchase. But now account was debited for the 2,975 in full amount. Milwaukee,Sullivan, Illinois---Ajax, Canada Wisconsin

*Consumer Suggestion: My god! you really didn't fall for this scam, did you????

I had received a check of $2,975.00 and I was told I was going to be a secret shopper. I was to send a money gram of $2,665.00 which also charged a +/- $60.00 fee. I was then supposed to purchase anything I wanted from Wal-mart in the amount of $50.00. Then I got to keep the left over $200.00 and fax all my receipts and survey to the following number: 1-810-483-6838. Please help, I am a full-time college student with two part-time jobs barely making enough money to pay my rent. I have obviously made a big mistake by doing this but I was desperate for money and It is hard to say no.

Sincerely,

Alexandria
Nashville, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/16/2009 07:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Manpower/Milwaukee-Wisconsin-53201/Manpower-Sullivna-Singers-Booster-Clun-INC-Sent-a-2975-check-Was-to-cash-send-money-g-434918. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Manpower

#1 Consumer Suggestion

My god! you really didn't fall for this scam, did you????

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

it sounds like you got scammed for the entire amount.

Somebody sends you a check, which you deposit in your account, you then send them a moneygram, they get clean, untraceabble money and the check that you deposited is returned as insufficient funds...

it's a scam that has been going on for some time and you appear to have been victimized.

remeber, there is no such thing as a free lunch...