Complaint Review: Mansfield Coach and Cutter

• Submitted: Thu, January 31, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, January 31, 2013

• Reported By: responsible horse owner — little valley New York United States of America
Mansfield Coach and Cutter
6864 Sodum Rd, little valley NY- town of Mansfield little valley, New York United States of America

Mansfield Coach and Cutter Dawn Smrek, Dawn Tocha scamming horse owners on care little valley, New York

This place is such a joke, I dont even know where to start! I ended up at this barn as I was looking close to home. Mansfield Coach and Cutter previously did horse drawn buggy and sleigh rides. The property was stunning...

A week after I started boarding my horse there, the owner Dawn, informed me they were going to start "closing horses off of hay at night" This was a issue, as I paid $200/mo for a standing stall, open turnout and unlimited hay, as per boarding contract. In addition to paying this amount, I had to pay $250 (a xtra $50 to buy hay) and purchase my own grain.

My horse was only allowed to get grain once a day, and I had to BEG for my horse to be kept in. When he was in, they refused to give him a water bucket... I had to provide one.

I grew increasingly irritated...in 2 months. I decided to move my horse where he would get the care he deserved. [continued below]....
..... The contract stated a 15 day notice, I gave dawn 30. She became Irate, as I asked what my board would be, my horse would be leaving halfway through the month. I was informed I was to pay full board, and it was "on me" when I moved him. She agreed to "let me leave" before the 1st, but this gave me 2 days.

After a days worth of nasty spiteful and borderline harassing emails, I recieved one stating she was kicking me out...on the day I had told her I would be out by! VERY GROWN UP! I agreed, stating I was happy she agreed with my arrangement.

Later that day, I went to pack up things I wouldnt need, and take them home. Dawns father (property owner) drove behind me, blocking me in (parked 1 inch from my bumper so I could not load things in my car) and proceeded to yell at me, telling me I couldnt remove MY PROPERTY. He then pushed into me, and ripped a tote out of my hands, and threw it into the barn. her husband then "called off the dog"...lol.

I went to the sheriff and filed reports, and have been speaking with a atty, and will take legal action soon.  I went and sold possesions that I needed for college to move my horse immediately. With the help of friends, and a sheriff escort, I picked up my horse 3 hours later, with much protest and anger on their end. I got out soo quick, I left his grain and supplements, as I didnt want problems, ill buy more.

MORAL OF THE STORY: never pay someone to keep your horse in a field, rendering no care... and get out fast!

I hope no one else has to encounter the stress and worry I had to with my horse, but I encourage responses and comments.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2013 06:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mansfield-Coach-and-Cutter/little-valley-New-York-14755/Mansfield-Coach-and-Cutter-Dawn-Smrek-Dawn-Tocha-scamming-horse-owners-on-care-little-val-1007000. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mansfield Coach and Cutter