Complaint Review: Mapother & Mapother, P.S.C.

• Submitted: Tue, June 12, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, June 12, 2012

• Reported By: steph — Pikeville Kentucky United States of America
Mapother & Mapother, P.S.C.
815 W. Market Street, Suite 500 Internet United States of America

Mapother & Mapother, P.S.C. unfair, falseifying, kentucky, debt collector, paypal, Internet, Internet

I recieved a letter in the mail the other day from Mapother & Mapother, out of Louisville, KY. I recieved the letter on June 8th, which was a Friday. The letter was dated for June 4th and it was mailed out on the 6th... In this letter it states that I have five (5) days to contact them or they will assume "it is not your intention to resolve this matter voluntary basis"... it was way pass the five day mark on Monday when their offices would have been opened, So I did not call...

This letter at the very end states "this communication is from a debt collector"... but it states that they "may proceed with a lawsuit against you" and "failure to respond could result in further action being taken against you"... Is this a lawfirm that can take me to court?

This debt collection is for $28,000.00 from a PayPal account. The letter also states the following... (which is a little confusing to me).... "Our records indicate one or both of the following assets:
a.) Employment
b.) Real Estate"

what does that suppose to mean??? Can they sue me without me knowing? I have heard that this has happened to different people in the state of KY. What can I do???

Any help would be appreciated... Thanks... I cannot afford for my check to be garnished and my real estate property has a mortgage payment on it for the next 25 years....

Help! Please!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2012 03:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mapother-Mapother-PSC/internet/Mapother-Mapother-PSC-unfair-falseifying-kentucky-debt-collector-paypal-Intern-896193. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mapother & Mapother, P.S.C.