Complaint Review: Marble Slab Creamery

• Updated: Thu, June 30, 2011

• Reported By: Rey — Toronto Ontario United States of America
Marble Slab Creamery
Toronto, Ontario Canada

Marble Slab Creamery Misleading Pricing Uninformed Employees Toronto, Ontario Canada

I decided to pay a first visit to my local Marble Slab Creamery.. BAD idea!
I went in and tried several flavours and finally settled on one.
I then proceeded to pick toppings.

The girl serving me was asking what I would like, I chose a few toppings, and continued to chose.
I asked her whether or not I could add gummy bears, and she replied, "Of course!"
I was also treating a friend, who decided she wanted a chocolate waffle cup.

The girl did as asked without even saying a peep about the fact it would cost more.
I asked if it would, and she said,"Euhh. Yah. I'm not sure how much. Maybe $1?I don't really know."
WELL.YOU SHOULD. So I just let my friend get whatever she wanted and be done.

When she cashed us out, the total was.. over $18 CAD for 2 SMALL ice-creams. NO WAY would I pay that much on purpose. So I asked why it was so expensive. And she said because of the chocolate bowl, and each additional topping is 79 cents. WHAt? And why wasn't I told this? You could simply have the courtesy to state that each additional topping is 79 cents, she just kept piling them on without saying a word. I need to see if these people are paid commission or something, because the service was very sketchy. They didn't even know their prices off by memory. I WILL be contacting the company to get my money back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2011 11:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Marble-Slab-Creamery/Toronto-Ontario-/Marble-Slab-Creamery-Misleading-Pricing-Uninformed-Employees-Toronto-Ontario-Canada-747820. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Marble Slab Creamery