Complaint Review: Marburger Chysler Dodge

• Updated: Mon, December 30, 2013

• Reported By: Steve T — Roswell Georgia
Marburger Chysler Dodge
123 Shelby, NC Shelby, North Carolina USA

Marburger Chysler Dodge Shelby, NC Deceptive Sales Practices and poor Customer Experience Shelby North Carolina

Date of Probelms; 12/25/2013

I found a car online and called the Marburger Chrysler Dodge Dealership in Shelby, NC and was told the 2011 Toyota Highlander on the lot was in excellent condition and that "if I drove from Atlanta, GA to purchase this car that they would treat me right".

On Christmas eve, we drove from Atlanta to Shebly, NC to look at the 2011 Highlander on their lot.  We stayed in a local hotel in a non smoking room because my wife is allergic to cigarette smoke but apparently we were in a room very close to a smoking room.  Apparently this stay "de-sensitized" us to the smell of cigarette smoke temporarily or the temporary deoterizing /windex temporarily masked the horific smoke odor plus I could not smell with a running nose recovering from a cold.

During the purchase process, we took a quick test drive and smelled car cleaner but when the vehicle was in the service bays I was not allowed to go in inside to inspect the vehicle being purchased. Apparently the odor was not as pungent when outside in the cool air with a slight wind blowing. Based on the Dealer's assuances with completed the transaction.

I drove the rental care and my wife drove the purchased vehicle all the way home from the Dealership and her eyes began watering and she got violently ill.  When we arrived home, my daughter who did not make the trip said it must be the car because when she got in it for the first time "it smelled horribly like cigarette smoke".  The commercial cleaner used must have disapated during the travel and air circulation.

After being assured by the Dealership that this vehicle was in excellent condition, I got the number and called to pervious owner who confirmed that he definately did smoke in the vehicle regularly. This was NOT disclosed to me and with staying in a bad hotel room last night and only spending a few minutes in the vehicle in the outside air ... When I got home (3 hours later), I immediately called the Dealership and let them know that I was not satificed with the purchase because the smell was so pungent and offensive.

I emailed all parties at the Dealership that "THIS CAR WILL NOT WORK FOR MY FAMILY BECAUSE WE HAVE NEVER SMOKED AND MY WIFE IS ALERGIC TO THE SMELL".  I thought this small town Dealership cared about customers so I discussed things with the Salesperson and then the Sales Manager, Chad.  I told them that I was willing to return the vehicle immediately so they would not waste time on the paperwork even though it was another 3 hour drive back from Atlanta.

Again this is not "buyer remorse" but an unsatisfactory vehicle for my family and I am very dissatisfied with a purchase of this vehicle that my wife is physically unable to drive regularly.  I was informed in writing "a Deal is a Deal" and we don't care if you are happy with your purchase and you should have know better in the test drive and Good Luck"

Customer Service / Customers Satisfaction on a large investment like an automoble does NOT seem to be a concerm from this Dealership's Staff.

I would NOT do business with Marburger Chysler Dodge in Shelby, NC  based on the way I was treated by the whole Team of Management.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2013 05:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Marburger-Chysler-Dodge/Shelby-North-Carolina-123456/Marburger-Chysler-Dodge-Shelby-NC-Deceptive-Sales-Practices-and-poor-Customer-Experience-1111771. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Marburger Chysler Dodge