Complaint Review: Marc Associates

• Updated: Wed, August 08, 2012

• Reported By: Robert — stpetersburg Florida United States of America
Marc Associates
601 N. Lois Avenue Tampa, Florida United States of America

Marc Associates Did work for rent on home allowed to live in then turned around a filed an eviction notice with charges to my credit bureau report Tampa, Florida

I was given an opportunity to live in a home that was under foreclosure by Marc Associates in return of rent I was to do repairs on this house.

I remodel the kitchen, master bath, repaired ceilings and stripped and replace roof with no permit.  I also turned a car garage into a living area, carpeted and repaired holes in walls.  This was in lieu of rent payment instead of being paid for work and paying rent.

They were doing this under a rent to own situation knowing property was more than they could keep up with.  As long as I continue the repairs needed no monies were due.

I had an altercation with the person I lived with at that time and was removed from premises and requested by police to not return (4/21/2011) until after court date.  By court date I had made other living arrangements with no intention of returning and even brought up to the judge that she needed to relinquish said property or have my name taken off paperwork.

In reviewing my credit bureau report I am finding an eviction was filed somewhere in 4/2011 for the amount of $850.00 in which I never received any of this paperwork nor did I live on this premise.   I find this a poor business matter as my number was still the same and had many ways of contacting me if needed instead of trying to ruin my credit after all the work that I had performed to a house that needed everything re-done.

I am currently searching through some old records I was able to get from the house as I took pictures (before and after work) of the house condition.

I do not feel this charge on my credit is justified nor that the company had a right to file eviction once so much of the work had been completed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2012 11:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Marc-Associates/Tampa-Florida-33609/Marc-Associates-Did-work-for-rent-on-home-allowed-to-live-in-then-turned-around-a-filed-a-924242. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Marc Associates