Complaint Review: Marchex, MCHX, Enhance Interactive

• Submitted: Wed, April 20, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, April 20, 2005

• Reported By:Columbus Mississippi
Marchex, MCHX, Enhance Interactive
360 W. 4800 N. Provo, Utah U.S.A.

Marchex, MCHX Enhance Interactive Web of Deceit PPC Click Ripoff Fraud Provo Utah

I advertised at Enhance Interactive, parent company Marchex (MCHX) for several years. I noticed that my Return on Investment (ROI) was WAY down. I added a tracking code on the end of my URL and bingo..when I checked my statistics there it was click fraud over and over and over...

I immediately contacted the company and was told it would take over a week to find the fraudulent clicks...I found them in just a few hours.

They claimed to find the clicks and said they would refund me a measly $54.00 and $20 of that was the balance in my account..I wasted approx. four thousand dollars over the course of my advertising campaign. All I got was a lie that they would refund the measly amount and then they shut down my account.

I have tried to contact the so called CEO Russell Horowitch and have been unable to locate him. I called the parent company Marchex Mr. Trevor Caldwell at 206-331-3316 and all I get is an automated voice mail box. The last time I tried to call his voice mail was full...hmmm that was interesting.

I contacted all of the major networks in hopes of getting national attention to protect innocent online merchants from these theives. These people are making millions of dollars and sharing it with the fraudulent affiliates.

Some of the affiliates that are delivering the fraudulent clicks are all part of the scheme, they do after all do what they promise..deliver traffic..they are stealing money from innocent people and won't block the affiliates that are delivering the fraudulent clicks because the affiliates earn money by clicking and Enhance Interactive and Marchex earn money from the adversiters..it is nothing but a web of deceit and I will not stop until I see these guys on TV being led away in handcuffs... If anyone else has had a similar experience with this company or other small ppc please feel free to contact me with your story. I hope I can gain national attention to this story.

Also by reading some of the other reports I have noticed that there seems to be a lot of theft and scamming going on the state of UTAH...anyone else notice this?

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Suzanne
Columbus, Mississippi

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/20/2005 01:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Marchex-MCHX-Enhance-Interactive/Provo-Utah-84604/Marchex-MCHX-Enhance-Interactive-Web-of-Deceit-PPC-Click-Ripoff-Fraud-Provo-Utah-139574. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Marchex, MCHX, Enhance Interactive