Complaint Review: Marco Spinetti

• Updated: Fri, July 18, 2014

• Reported By: Muriel — summit New Jersey
Marco Spinetti
Internet Italy

Marco Spinetti he posts holiday homes for rent on several website: sunnyrentals.com, staynholiday.com, holidayrentals.com and the houses are not his! He gets the pictures from real estate agents. rome Internet

*General Comment: Marco Spinetti died on May 30, 2014

I looked for a house to rent for the holidays and found one on sunnyrentals.com. I followed their security advice, got in contact with the "owner". Talked to him, exchanged several emails, asked for more pictures of the house, for extra information on the place.

Then we signed the contract and I sent a deposit to his bank account and he said we would get in touch 2 weeks before the rental started to explain who was going to give me the keys to the house etc.

Now it is 3 weeks before the travel time and sunnyrentals.com send an email saying they are investigating the guy and not to pursue any further business with him. No more explanation!

Of course I try to contact Marco Spinetti to no avail ( phone and email).

Holidays ruined. Money lost.

The bank is trying to track him (not sunnyrentals.com who says they are not responsible. They don't talk to you over the phone, only email...)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2014 08:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Marco-Spinetti/internet/Marco-Spinetti-he-posts-holiday-homes-for-rent-on-several-website-sunnyrentalscom-stay-1163086. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Marco Spinetti

#1 General Comment

Marco Spinetti died on May 30, 2014

AUTHOR: Roberto M. - ()

Dear readers, I stumbled into this report while doing a very different research.

It intrigued me, and keeping on reading, there was something that sounded incongruent.

As a house owner, now several years into this business, the story mismatch somehow, as according to the renter Mr. Spinetti answered several emails and answered the phone during the booking process. A cheater would not behave like that, I guess.

Long story short, I made a little research on the web (I'm Italian), and it turned out that a Marco Spinetti got suicide on past May 30th, 2014, about one month and a half before the Ripoff Report was made.

Going deep into the research it even turned out the he was born in Isola D’Elba, and that his name, in google, appears even in the advertise for a holiday house to rent in Isola D’Elba, Italy.

Something says he might have been the person in objet of this report.

Now, I would like to make a couple of considerations, according to what the reporter said:

- things happen

- when things happen, we should investigate better. A simple google search as I did took me two minutes. Google has a real time function to translate almost every page from any language to English. And the phone number of the Elba home is right there at the bottom of the page, for an alternative direct contact with the family.

- House rental business companies care as much and as long as they get paid.  Point. They are not there to make our lives nicer and easier, they are there to get money from owners and renters. That is the simple truth. As a multi published house owner, I know what I’m saying. Some of them offer an insurance for your trip: but I fear that for such a case they would not have refund anyway. Again, they are there to make profits, and whatever goes beyond that point is just a waste of time and money for them.

From my personal side, I learned something: as a rental house owner, I must have a partner who could get in charge in case of my, hopefully temporary, incapacitation. That's in order to guarantee my renters and my family from any possible further trouble.

I didn’t know Mr. Spinetti, and I guess the reporter of this complaint didn’t mean to be offensive, just upset for his/her disappointment.

Although, with this answer I feel like honouring the memory of a person who was most probably a very good person and ended his life in such a tragic way.

Thanks for reading.