Complaint Review: Marcus Evans Malaysia

• Submitted: Wed, July 21, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, July 21, 2010

• Reported By: Anonymous — Kuala Lumpur Other Australia
Marcus Evans Malaysia
marcus evans (Malaysia) SDN BHD CP21, Suite 2101, Internet United States of America

Marcus Evans Malaysia ME Group Lying, Bullying, Unethical & Cheating Employees & Clients Kuala Lumpur, Internet

Hi Everyone,

I have left Marcus Evans for nearly 4-5 years, but I have made it my life's mission to tell the truth about them and try to give them sh* as much as they have given me, or forced me to give to my clients and speakers.

I used to be a producer there, ending up as a conference manager( took me roughly 2 and half years as everyone left in my team). When a company is based upon lying, cheating, turning the other way when blatant cheating is occuring, shady deals, fake job titles, fake sponsors, fake urgency, drunk and drug addicts for colleagues.. you will know something is deeply wrong.

I started out as a producer and I can say producer's jobs are much better than their sales of course, but not any better. You see Marcus Evans is a toxic environment, and it changes the nicest people into savages and they become sluts, drunks and are generally very unhappy and low esteemed. My personal experience is listening to how this GM snorted cocaine in the board room, how he's sleeping with a senior producer, how the l*****n conference director only hires pretty producers when she can, how she is a bloody drunk and does crude things like picking fights at the pub, and lifting her skirt up at Xmas parties... of some of these I witnesses myself.

about 8 months into the job I knew I had to go. Everything there is about profit.. and it doesnt matter how you cheat or lie to your speakers and clients, as long as you can shortchange a speaker..pay him 50 % of the original fees promised, or give him a budget airline when promised something else.. or how you managed to sign up unware sponsors. you get praised and most of the time promoted. The ends justifies the means in this lousy company.

I've personally witnessed blatant orders to lie about events, not tell the sales teams or my other clients that my speakers have dropped( your managers will say - don't tell them first .. wait till 1-2 weeks to the event date then mention that he/she had to pull out due to emergency ... this is to ensure sponsor $$$ is received.. more delegates etc..

Refunds??? Forget it. Not the conference that you thought it was?? Too bad. Didn't meet the delegates that was promised? Sorry we don't have control over that. More than half the speakers dropped out? I don't have control over them, please contact our CRM manager ...so on and so forth. It is a mickey mouse company set up for the short term to lie and cheat their way without an ounce of ethics and integrity.

Please spread the word.. in fact a friend of mine asked me about this job recently.. I told her stay far away!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2010 08:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Marcus-Evans-Malaysia/internet/Marcus-Evans-Malaysia-ME-Group-Lying-Bullying-Unethical-Cheating-Employees-Clients-K-625840. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Marcus Evans Malaysia