Complaint Review: Marcus Evans (or THG)

• Submitted: Wed, March 24, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, March 24, 2010

• Reported By: Scammer Rep — New York New York USA
Marcus Evans (or THG)
2 Grand Central Tower, 140 E 45th St., 14th Floor New York, New York United States of America

Marcus Evans (or THG) ICG, THG Strange Fake Interview Tactic New York, New York

I went in for my first interview with Marcus Evans New york and suddenly a British man came in and sat down who I was later informed was the entire company's CEO. I thought it was odd that he he would have enough free time to sit in on random entry-level interviews. The CEO asked me a series of strange questions including what time do I get up in the morning; what is the last book I read, etc. He was asking questions that made it seem more and more like this was a very difficult job to obtain like they were some prestigious Fortune 500 organization. But later I find out that as long as you can hold a conversation, the gig is yours. 8 out of 10 people interviewed probably are offered the job because many will sneak out the back door during lunch when they learn they are sort of working for a scam. I am very good at picking up on people's intentions and rhetoric so I was easily able to see right through the CEOs questions. [continued below]....
..... He was just sneakily trying to make me feel that it was a prestigious company and position and that they were the ones in power above me so that it I was offered the job, that I should definitely take it. When in reality the sales floor was filled with the funniest gang of losers where the sneakiest get sales and the smoothest liars get promoted.I was obviously offered the job, stayed for a week, couldnt stand that nobody had their own computer on their own desk, was forced to be on the phone every moment that I was at my desk, tried to socialize but was yelled at because it wasnt work-related, and left after a week.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2010 07:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Marcus-Evans-or-THG/New-York-New-York-10017/Marcus-Evans-or-THG-ICG-THG-Strange-Fake-Interview-Tactic-New-York-New-York-584871. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Marcus Evans (or THG)

consciousness