Complaint Review: Marcus Evans

Marcus Evans
31 Florencia St., 3rd. Floor, Mexico City Internet Mexico

Marcus Evans THG Dishonest Hiring Practices, Fraud Mexico City Mexico

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: paranoid Josue jumps the gun

My report has the intention to prevent anyone in Mexico or the Latin American region about doing any sort of business with the Marcus Evans band of crooks, especially if you are considering working for them. Fortunately, they hadn't been present in the region until recently, thus I believe we are at a very good time to prevent everyone about their common unethical, unprofessional, dishonest, fraudulent practices. They have headquartered the office for the region in Mexico City and they are targeting customers (or... rather I say... victims?!) in the whole Latin American region for their crappy events held in Spanish and Portuguese.

I really do not want to be redundat on what has already been said in other reports from around the world about Marcus Evans... It's all true!... The Boiler Room work-setting in a complete makeshift office; ready to be dismantled and vanished overnight if needed... They hire anything that breathes; the only mandatory requirement is to be as dishonest and unethical as they are in order to treat personal assistants or secretaries like crap and lie to managers and directors to coax them into squandering over $2,000 USD for a conference that its real cost is no more than a $100 USD... The work environment is like working in a nest of snakes where everyone is trying to bite and kill each other... and the list goes on...  If you haven't read... just take a look at other postings. I wish I had before I engaged with this entourage of multinational liars.

After four days at Marcus Evans of "swindling school: theory and practice", as any person with a slight of decency and values would... I decided to take the high road and leave at once. As required by Mexican Law you have to pay your taxes no matter how short your work period was and, I was entitled to pay off too, which obviously was a very small amount. I want to emphasize that my point is not about money; it is about being righteous and lawful. As part of my walking papers, I signed a document stating that this amount HAD ALREADY BEEN deposited into my account hence Marcus Evans LTD (Mexico) owed me nothing... And guess what? Nothing is what they deposited into my account. As far as I am concerned, no matter where the f**k in the world you are or you are from, if you issue a legal tender stating that you paid something and you didn't... it's nothing but FRAUD.

When I reported this over the phone to Richard Weary, Frank's lackey in charge of the "HR administrative processes", he said (I'm going verbatim here) that actually it was not one of their priorities and I will eventually be paid... Exactly when or how? He didn't know nor cared...

I waited for A WEEK for my payment to come; it never did. Then I sent an e-mail to Richard telling him that if I didn't get my payment as promised I'd have no choice but take legal action. My e-mail was responded by Frank as follows (I'm copy-pasting his exact reply):

"Hey Josue I don't appreciate your accusations on our company. The nomina was sent to CTI, our payroll company, and you will be paid. What kind of a person are you to make threats? Is this what you do, join a company for 4 days to quit and harass. Your pathetic. Get a life. FRANK ARANETA "

Do I really need to elaborate on this?!... I couldn't believe the nerve this dude has... Not to mention what an "executive and professional" demeanor he observes as the General Manager of the office by insulting and degrading a former co-worker who was SCAMMED by them! It really makes me sick.

In short, what I'm trying to convey here is... If by any chance you encounter this crooks, be it as a job applicant or customer... RUN! RUN AS FAST AND AWAY AS YOU CAN!  You've been warned of the kind of gangsters you're dealing with!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/16/2009 02:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Marcus-Evans/internet/Marcus-Evans-THG-Dishonest-Hiring-Practices-Fraud-Mexico-City-Mexico-540225. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Marcus Evans

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

paranoid Josue jumps the gun

AUTHOR: frank - (Spain)

Josue I believe you have watched one to many boiler room movies.

You know you received your money shortly after calling Richard and emailing myself. Marcus Evans outsourced the payroll to CTI, as many companies do. CTI has their protocol (which is not in the control of Marcus Evans), and at times may have made late paymenrts of 1, 2, 3 days at most. It happens and Im sure Marcus Evans was not the only company in Mexico that had some delay at times, due to outsourcing the task to another company.

Im sure if youre honest with yourself, and look at friends and family that may own businesses, they most likely (Im assuming and my opinion) have experienced/a story they can share of a delay of 1-3 days when paying salaries, etc... Delays of 1-3 days happen, thats a big jump from saying you never got paid and Estafa/Fraud. Again, I think you may have watched one to many boiler room movies.

I resigned from Marcus Evans 2 years ago, however the company is very real and a market leader when it comes to business themed events. They organize over 1000 annually. Not all of the events turn out to be perfect as you can imagine, which happens when you organize this number of events, but the majority are pretty good, if not the company would not be a market leader.

Another accusation you made is that it cost 100usd to make an event. Im sure Marcus Evans would hire you immediately, for a second time, if you could make that happen for their company.

Marcus Evans being new in Mexico during 2008/09, with the recession/swine flue/peso devaluation, had a rough start as you can imagine. It was not an isolated case. Now in its 5th year in Mexico, I hear the company is doing very well and thriving, and that they still are located in the office on Avenida Florencia.

Wish you well Josue.