Complaint Review: Margi Foley, LMT

• Updated: Sun, March 27, 2011

• Reported By: Mitch — Delray Beach Florida United States of America
Margi Foley, LMT
2617 Zorno Way Delray Beach, Florida United States of America

Margi Foley, LMT Marjorie Foley, Licensed Massage Therapist ***Creepy Experience *** Delray Beach, Florida

*Consumer Comment: I am one of Margi's "many" boyfriend's.

*Consumer Comment: I don't get it.

*Consumer Suggestion: What do you charge?

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Internet Fraud

On a friend's recommendation I went to Margi Foley of 2617 Zorno Way, Delray Beach FL, who is a licensed massage therapist (LMT).  My friend said Margi Foley is an instructor at Palm Beach State College (PBSC) in Boca Raton and that she has been in the business for many years.  I felt safe going to her based on my friend's advice but the experience was not good.  Right away I felt a weird energy from her, sexual in nature and she was very overbearing.  The massage started on my back and even though I expressed the need to have my right shoulder worked on due to an injury Ms. Foley just seemed to want to work on my legs, especially the upper legs near my groin area.  When I flipped over on to my stomach it was then I noticed some make up and lipstick on the head rest.  I then got creeped out realizing that she did not change the sheets on her table...!  Margi finished the session and I quickly left with out making another appointment.  It might be all in my head but if anyone goes to her make sure to check the sheets on her table first...

Very disappointed...!  Especially knowing that she is one of the lead massage instructors at Palm Beach Community College (PBCC).

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2011 07:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Margi-Foley-LMT/Delray-Beach-Florida-33445/Margi-Foley-LMT-Marjorie-Foley-Licensed-Massage-Therapist-Creepy-Experience-Delra-708942. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Margi Foley, LMT

I am one of Margi's "many" boyfriend's.

AUTHOR: Boca Guy - (United States of America)

Hello Margi,

Jeffrey from Boca here.  Remember me?
Looks like your ways are starting to catch up with you.

You and I met on Match.com and I started to get "special" massages right away.  You lost romantic interest rather quickly but you kept on calling me to make appointments for massages.  I stopped responding and I notice now when ever I run into you all you do is scowl at me.

Seems like when Margi does not get her way, Margi gets mad.

And BTW do you send everyone over to your daughter Ashley's condo for hair cuts?  Do you know that her license expired in October of 2010 and that it is illegal to cut hair out of a condo unit?  Go check her license out at http://ww2.doh.state.fl.us/IRM00PRAES/PRASLIST.ASP

I don't get it.

Why would the fact that someone is a government employee have anything to do with whether a client was satisfied or not with a massage?  I don't recall of any government agency claiming massage therapists are afforded a, "protected class" designation.  Come to think of it, what part of the United States government is in charge of massage therapists?  I am sure there are licensing requirements that are state regulated but I sincerely doubt that the men and women who are licensed massage therapists are exempt from those unsatisfied clients exercising their right to free speech.

The complaint reads like a dissatisfied client.  It reads like their opinion of the session.  It doesn't rise  to the level of libel, in my opinion.  You claim to have knowledge that the author is a former boyfriend who is out to cause your reputation harm.  If so, why wouldn't he write something far more egregious?  Most men wouldn't make up something like, "make up and lipstick on the head rest" as evidence of unclean sheets.  I would think their minds would run along the lines of a more sexual type of, "mess, " if they were to attempting to make up something that would be an attempt to ruin you.  And even if they did find other evidence of unclean surroundings, making a complaint of such is not illegal and I cannot believe any lawyer (one who works for the government, or not) would find his statement a basis for any type of legal action.  You would have to bring evidence of outright lies and that those lies caused monetary damages.  A compliant of a disgruntled opinion is not actionable.  And making a claim that someone is out to get you isn't enough to bring forth a legal claim against them, no matter who you work for.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

What do you charge?

AUTHOR: mr. rik - (United States of America)

For a real good massage? Ive been kindof tense lately.

#4 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Internet Fraud

AUTHOR: Margi - (United States of America)

I am the individual against whom this post is directed. All information contained in the complaint is completely false.
These allegations were made by a disgruntled ex-boyfriend whose aim is to cause me personal and professional harm.
Fortunately, I am employed by a government agency and, as such, have turned this matter over to their legal department.

All appropriate authorities have been contacted including the Florida State District Attorney's office and the US District Attorney as this action on the part of the author of this post constitute a violation of federal laws pertaining to fraud and Internet bullying.

I will be prosecuting to the full extent of the law.