Complaint Review: Margo E. Williams MWH Pubic Relations - Margo Handy Williams

• Updated: Fri, March 14, 2014

• Reported By: Jerry — New York United States of America
Margo E. Williams MWH Pubic Relations - Margo Handy Williams
One Riverway Suite 1700 Houston, Texas United States of America

Margo E. Williams MWH Pubic Relations - Margo Handy Williams MWH Public Relations, Margo Williams, Margo E Wiliams, Margo Handy Williams Margo E. Wiliams MWH Dishonest Buisiness Woman - SCAM ARTIST! Houston, Texas

*Author of original report: Doris Barrows & MWH Public Relations Still Not Paying

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Statement of Clarification

VENDORS & Clients should BEWARE OF EMPTY PROMISES!!

I had entered a contractual Agreement With Margo Handy Williams AKA Margo E. Williams of MWH Public Relations in Houston TX. I was originally contacted thru her associate Doris M Barrow III (Doris is a male)  as well as Margo Handy Williams or Margo E. Williams the principal of MWH Public Relations.

Doris Barrows had contacted me thru linkedin and contracted with my company to provide SMS services for a sizable government contract MWH Public Relations had with the Texas Department of Agriculture (TDA).
It was a decent size government contract and morethan her company could fund the upfront costs as the TDA pays 30 days from invoice completion (supposedly). Doris & Margo both begged that we help them to fulfil the contract and promised to pay the balance (well over $20K) as soon as payment arrives from the TDA in 30 days. We drew up agreements as well as personal guarantees as Margo promising their first born blah blah.

They were contracted to promote a Summer Food program that the TDA was doing over the summer of 2012 and one of the services they were to provide was to send out close to 1 million SMS messages in the state of Texas. These messages were supposed to be sent to individuals that opted in to receive this message from the department of Agriculture Margo had signed off that the people receiving the messages had requested this information.  We later found out that Margo & Doris M. Barrow did not have permission and  purchased bulk phone numbers to  SMS spam the state of Texas.

The campaigns were sent out and my company got numerous SPAM  complaints and even had our SMS service temporarily suspended. None the less their messages all got delivered on time.

30 days after invoice came and went with no word from Margo Williams or Doris Barrow. When I contacted them they said their was an error in their government application and payment would be delayed another 2-3 weeks. Well, this series of LIES and empty promises kept going on thru December and after months of waiting with God-fearing promise after promise we are still owed over $20K.  And are taking legal action to collect our invoices.

I am a single dad with 4 children and Both Doris M. Barrow and Margo E. Wilams were made aware of and this was something  I could not afford to go past the 30 days as I also had to pay for the costs of the SMS messages up front, but did so in good faith - shame on me and a tough lesson learned and myself and my 4 children suffered for it.

I am not one to publicly bash anyone as this is not my style however the thought of Margo Williams and Doris M. Barrow III from MWH Public Relations in Houston TX ripping anyone else off with their holier-than-thou crap that Doris M Barrow III and Margo E Williams from MWH Public relations dishes out to their clients and vendors. - BUYER & VENDORS BEWARE!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2013 08:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Margo-E-Williams-MWH-Pubic-Relations-Margo-Handy-Williams/Houston-Texas-/Margo-E-Williams-MWH-Pubic-Relations-Margo-Handy-Williams-MWH-Public-Relations-Margo-W-1016469. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Margo E. Williams MWH Pubic Relations - Margo Handy Williams

Doris Barrows & MWH Public Relations Still Not Paying

AUTHOR: Bill K. - ()

18 Months since service was provided. $20K + in invoices and legal fees owed.

Promised to start making $500 monthly payments over the summer. made 1 payment and stopped.

Beware!

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Statement of Clarification

AUTHOR: 5011 Bridgecrossing Ct. - ()

To Whom it May Concern,

Elephant Mobile offers a good mobile marketing platform and we enjoyed working with the company.

We indeed entered into an agreement to provide mobile distribution for one of our client campaigns. Thus far, we have paid 19 invoices totaling $15,889.05. We have two remaining invoices for payment which total $18,953.93.

While repayment has been slower than Elephant Mobile would prefer or according to the agreement terms, we have been and are making payments. We will pay the amount owed in its entirety. We were offered a settlement amount, but declined as we made a commitment to pay a specified amount and we will do that.

While slow payments are not the ideal and are, for us, a result of unforseen and unfortunate occurences in operating a business, we are certainly committed to paying Elephant Mobile in full.  We have shared this with Elephant Mobile and, more importantly, we have been and are making payments until the amount is paid in full.