Complaint Review: Maria Calverley, Yorkie Love Affair

• Updated: Sun, November 18, 2012

• Reported By: Tina — United States of America
Maria Calverley, Yorkie Love Affair
12376 Green Rd Internet United States of America

Maria Calverley, Yorkie Love Affair "Yorkie Love Affair", "Maria Calverley", www.yorkieloveaffair.com" BUYER Beware Maria Calverley, Liar, Scammer, Thief, Fraud, Sick dead Yorkie Puppies, Internet

I'm really saddened that I have to post something like this about my puppy.  I received my puppy from Yorkie Love Affair Michigan Yorkie Breeders/Maria Calverley about ten months ago.  He arrived from Michigan with kennel cough which should have been my first sign. Within six months, the puppy sold to me by this business/breeder  stopped walking on his back two legs.  It turns out after many vet and surgeon appointments that he has a genetic disorder with his two back legs that involve the kneecaps to be displaced; therefore, he needed intensive surgery requiring a 3 month recovery period (no walking).  After 4 months of bonding and loving this little guy, I was devastated that the this was happening to him, not to mention the stress of vet bills piling up.  This surgery will cost roughly $4,500 and that's not even including the physical therapy payments (not to mention the time off work).

I decided to buy my puppy from this company because I needed a purebred yorkie due to allergies and the website guaranteed the health of the dog.  It had seemed like YORKIE LOVE AFFAIR was a legit, clean, ethical breeders of Yorkshire Terrier puppies. This apparently was not the case...  What does my health guarantee promise me in this situation?  They told me they would give me a new dog if I would put down the one they sent me.  Do they think a dog is like a purse?  There was no way I was giving him up - he was already part of the family.  That comment just made me sick. Maria Calverley Yorkie Breeders is a SCAM.  I tried to make sure that that this breeder would not sell another dog (put her out of business) but I'm positive she's still selling her dogs on this website Yorkie Love Affair www.yorkieloveaffair.com.   As you can tell, I'm really upset that all this has happened with my little guy.

At the end of all this, the breeder herself ended up calling me and offered to pay $800 for "my troubles". $800 doesn't EVEN touch my medical bills.   Nor does it negate the fact that this business  is still selling sick dogs.  This company needs to be stopped.   They are liars, scammers, and cheaters and are a broker for puppy mills. I learned my lesson big time.  I'm hoping this message helps other people out when trying to find a great addition to your family.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/18/2012 04:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Maria-Calverley-Yorkie-Love-Affair/internet/Maria-Calverley-Yorkie-Love-Affair-Yorkie-Love-Affair-Maria-Calverley-wwwyorkielov-970865. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Maria Calverley, Yorkie Love Affair