Complaint Review: Maria Whatley At John Robert Powers

355 Burrard Street, Suite A-100 Vancouver, British Columbia Canada
  • Phone: 604-629-2573
  • Web:
  • Category: Liars

Maria Whatley At John Robert Powers Maria Whatley at John Robert Powers is scam. Vancouver British Columbia

*Consumer Comment: John Robert Powers Vancouver

Maria Whatley at John Robert Powers is a scam. Providing an ad on the radio, she invited many young children to have an audition and calls back for acceptance next day as if they are ready to be in the print ad industy right away and forces to have 1-3 year contract to be in the educational classes at enormous high prices. There is no class outline nor schedule explaining about each of classes but forces to pay at once upfront. 1 year- $ 5900, 2 year - $7900, 3 year - $ 9900.

When parents refuses to put their child in the classes, she completely changes her attitude by saying they wasted her time and embarrassed them in front of their child. She is not knowledgable to explain about classes and expects to make a payment immediately. I did not make any payment and want to protect others from this fraud.

Christy
Burnaby, British Columbia
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2008 07:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Maria-Whatley-At-John-Robert-Powers/Vancouver-British-Columbia-V6C-2G8/Maria-Whatley-At-John-Robert-Powers-Maria-Whatley-at-John-Robert-Powers-is-scam-Vancouver-338302. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Maria Whatley At John Robert Powers

John Robert Powers Vancouver

AUTHOR: Prime - (Canada)

John Robert Powers staff somehow managed to get my name and all my children's names when we had autographs siged by Logan of ZOEY 101 at Metropolis at Metrotown, Burnaby.

One evening, I received a call from John Robert Powers' staff who claimed that our children were "scouted" by their Talent Scout and she wanted me to bring my two children to an audition on Saturday.

We did not suspect this brewing scam of using "auditions" by JRP Vancouver and attended the Saturday "audition".

My children were "interviewed" and given a time to callback the next day and they were sent to the "camera room" after the "audition" session concluded.

Note: Sign of "scam #1" The Video Camera is not a professional series usually used by the industry.

At night, sensing that the JRP session had shown signs of a "scam" painted all over the session itself and what was inscribed in the JRP brochure, I decided to google and I discovered many negative comments posted on the Internet and Discovering Vancouver.

I made up my mind about JRP and appologized to my children for allowing them to attend the "audition" without investigating beforehand.

We ware called back this morning and I politely turned their offer to proceed further down.  The lady instantaneously changed her attitude and became quite annoyed that I had wasted her time.

My story, became a repeat of what many others before me had experienced.  As a professional, I feel that the term "audition" has been gravely abused by the elaborate hoax set up by John Robert Powers Vancouver, a franchise that has been around for eighty plus years.

It is upsetting to me that children, being fans of Zoey 101 and other Disney productions and seeking autographs, were scammed by this fictitious audition session that instilled false hope in children and that turned out to be a JRP recruitment drive!

Parents