Complaint Review: Marina Sailing

• Updated: Tue, October 02, 2012

• Reported By: Filippo — San Diego California United States of America
Marina Sailing
San Diego and Long Beach, California United States of America

Marina Sailing DISHONEST, SCAM, POOR INSTRUCTION, POOR ASA CONDUCT, and HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! San Diego and Long Beach, California

*Author of original report: SOLVED!

No issues with my ASA 101. I was scheduled for my ASA 103, I showed up and was told there was no 103 but I was free to retake 101 and take the 103 exam instead. Not cool, it was not what I paid for. They knew it before I got there but never called me; I would have saved gas and a 45 min drive. This happened because they wanted my money so bad so that I could take their 104/114 the following weekend. The day I was supposed to drive to Long Beach for my 104/114, they called me and told me I had to pay an additional $100 because I am was not a member. Again, not cool! You don't change mind/terms/pricing few hours before the event! And they never told me that the 4-5 times we spoke on the phone and when I paid them cash in person. Even my San Diego instructor, Mike, agreed with me 100% and found it unfair, but manager Gary in Long Beach didn't think so and his unprofessional attitude got in the way. Mike even agreed to pay me out of his own pocket so that he wouldn't get in trouble for his 103 class fiasco, but then changed his mind, and still to this day I received no refund ($475).

They blamed me for canceling my reservation and therefore I was entitled to no refund. However, they were the ones who initially misinformed me based on their instructor's mistakes and poor knowledge, changed mind and expected to pay more few hours before class, and then allowed me to take the class anyway. At that point it was enough and felt cheated, couldn't trust their company and services anymore, and wanted my money back. That is not a cancellation because I just felt like it, but a decision based on their poor business and actions.

Bottom line, they're unprofessional. Stay away!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/26/2012 11:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Marina-Sailing/San-Diego-and-Long-Beach-California-/Marina-Sailing-DISHONEST-SCAM-POOR-INSTRUCTION-POOR-ASA-CONDUCT-and-HORRIBLE-CUSTOMER-946967. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Marina Sailing

SOLVED!

AUTHOR: Filippo - (United States of America)

President and Owner apologized for inconvenience and gave a full refund.