Complaint Review: Marine Services Corp

• Updated: Thu, April 11, 2013

• Reported By: Ron — Chicago Internet
Marine Services Corp
14001 Cottage Grove Ave Dolton, Illinois United States of America

Marine Services Corp MW marine services Fraud - sold equipment that was new but was actually used , refurbed equipment Dolton, Illinois

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Lewmar Windless

The saga continues. These guys are frauds. As part of their upgrade on the boat I purcahsed from them a new lewmar winch. These are covered by a 12 month warranty and it was installed by Marine Services.

Its been used 3 times ( they supplied the wrong chain that cost $980 and wouldnt replace it so I had to spend another $800+ replacing it). Last weekend it wouldnt drop  so I took it to Lewmar Australia to check it out under warranty.

Guess what - no warranty - not because it was in Australia but because when they opend it up it wasnt new at all. It was an old winch that had been rebuilt with replacement parts.

These con artists charged me for a new winch, told me it was a new winch - I thought it was strange as it never arrived with a winch handle which I had to buy or the box that it came in.

I tried to contact them but as usual no reply.

These guys are frauds. Lewmar in Australia is contacting teh US head office of Lewmar to look at legal action as it impacts on Lewmars reputation

Dont get ripped off - use someone else

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2013 11:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Marine-Services-Corp/Dolton-Illinois-60419/Marine-Services-Corp-MW-marine-services-Fraud-sold-equipment-that-was-new-but-was-actual-1042658. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Marine Services Corp

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Lewmar Windless

AUTHOR: Mike Walsh - ()

We are a Storage and Service facility in Chicago IL.  We performed many services to this vessel and shipped it half way around the world.  We installed NEW Lewmar Windless that we purchased from our supplier Port Supply.  I advised customer that if he is having issues with windless.  Unit is under warranty for one year with Lewmar and to contacat a Lewmar dealer in his part of the world.  There is a serial # on the unit and i have proof of purchase from our marine supplier.  We can verify these two things to come the conclusion unit was brand new at time of installation.