Complaint Review: Marine services corp

• Updated: Tue, March 19, 2013

• Reported By: Ron — Melbourne Internet
Marine services corp
14001 Cottage Ave Dolton, Illinois United States of America

Marine services corp MW Marine services Failed to supply correct equipment and didnt care about it since I wasnt local - ripped off nearly $1000 Dolton, Illinois

I was getting a boat prepped to send to Australia. I had Mike at MW marine services do the shrink wrap. They did that well but I asked for quotes on other work totalling nearly 10k so not a small amount.

Windscreen broken into five pieces for delivery - was three. Cost $1500 to have perpex rewelded. His excuse - it was getting old - never bothered to tell me it was broken again.

Parts to rudders missing - he said they were packed inside. We found one half way down the back shaft wedged sideways under the boat ( not inside). Others must have fallen out during transport. Had to have them remanufactured and fitted $225.

Boat got here and it had the wrong winch - he claimed it was on the quote but I had email evidence that I sent him two emails about the quote telling him he had the wrong winch type and correcting it. Cost me another $350 to fix what should have cost zero.

Winch chain supplied was not correct. If he read the gyspy ( on the winch instructions ) like I did he would have known it was a short link chain. He charged me $987 for a chain I cant use. I had to pay another $800 to get one that fits. His response - couldnt care less!!

Remote control for winch wouldnt work properly. Finally found where the receiver had been placed ( asked him a number of times and no reply). It was behind electrics which it states on instructions not to install there. The wires had not been soldered, just twisted in, so half were falling out. The antenna was not on it. Had to buy new antenna $85, get wires resoldered and relocate receiver $275. His reply - couldnt care less not his problem!!

My advice dont use this guy or his service ever. We paid a premium in the hope that he would do a good job. There were other questionable services that he claims were done correct but I doubt but the ones above were glaringly obvious his fault.

He feels he can do anything because I am not in the area. Big suprise for him when we all go to Sturgis and pay him a visit. He is a ripoff and a poor marine mechanic- steer clear.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2013 09:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Marine-services-corp/Dolton-Illinois-/Marine-services-corp-MW-Marine-services-Failed-to-supply-correct-equipment-and-didnt-care-1036282. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Marine services corp