• Report: #220841

• Reported By:Lemoore California
Mark& Anthony - Mark&Anthony
111 Canada , Ontario Canada

Mark& Anthony - Mark&Anthony ripoff, same game different name Ontario Canada

*Consumer Comment: I don't understand..............

I received a check and a letter saying I had won $250,000.00 from on line gambling. First, of all I never have used any on line gabmling. I questioned the letter since teh envelope was hand written. The check inside was for $1,977.47.

I called the number to see why tghey were claiming I had won money at a site I had never been to. The man answered with a orental accent. His first words were "have you cashed the check and if not go ahead and cash it".

He then wanted me to call him back once the check had been cashed. I knew something was not right so I asked him where I was calling. He told me Arlington, VA. I knew that was incorrect due to the area code (289).

The next moring I looked at the check closer. He is now using Citi Bank and not US Bank. There was a phone number on the check so i called it. It was the same man at the phone number. He must be a bust man since the second phone number I called he said he was in Los Angles, CA.

I then asked him to verify if the check was good. He said he worked for CitiBank. When I gave him the account number for funds to be verified I changed the last two numbers of the account.

He then told me that yes the check was good for the amount of $1,977.47 and that I only had a few days to cash it. I told him that he was wrong since I never gave him my name or the check number. I then hung up on him.

i later called him back (same man) three hours later and again asked about the check with the same answer. I then called the number listed on the letter and got the same man again. This time I asked him what I should do after I cashed the check. he told me to verify the money was sent and call him back for the address to mail th money to.

I told him I would and to please be on the look out for the letter since I needed the money. He asked for my name to look for the letter. I told him that I only go by the initals of my name. I told him F.B.I and hung up the phone. I then called the Ca. Attorney General and the Canadian Mounted police.

I shure home this guy gets caught. I am surprissed he has lasted this long

Gary
Lemoore, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2006 09:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mark-Anthony-MarkAnthony/Ontario-22311/Mark-Anthony-MarkAnthony-ripoff-same-game-different-name-Ontario-Canada-220841. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mark& Anthony - Mark&Anthony

I don't understand..............

AUTHOR: Claudia - (U.S.A.)

what's the point of the scam?