Complaint Review: Mark Carmel Immigration lawyer

• Submitted: Mon, September 20, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, October 01, 2013

• Reported By: unhappy client — lake worth Florida United States of America
Mark Carmel Immigration lawyer

Mark Carmel Immigration lawyer Attorney Mark Carmel - Immigration job completed, not done and need more money Internet

*Consumer Comment: The worst attorney ever!

*General Comment: Mark Carmel IS A RIPOFF

*Consumer Comment: He is a Ripoff

*Consumer Comment: He is a Ripoff

*Consumer Comment: USE at your OWN RISK

*Consumer Comment: My Experiance with Mark Carmel

*Consumer Comment: I wouldn't worry, Mark...

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: False Allegations From A Non-Client

*Consumer Comment: Immigration Attorney Mark Carmel

*Consumer Comment: MARK CARMEL THE RIP OFF

I soon was unhappy that I gave someone the name of Mark Carmel. I had first used this lawyer for filing forms for my wife with immigration. At first I was happy with the service as He did what he said for the price quoted. I then stared to give referrals to him and his immigration law firm. I assisted the two girls referrals with the visa papers and acted as a go between with them and this "lawyer". The referrals had limited English, so I wanted to help them with their visa extension as the wife liked them.

Well the "immigration Attorney" said the price was so much and the referrals paid him in full. Then mark Carmel contacted me and said everything was done and complete. A little bit of time later Mark Carmel contacted me and said he needed more money or he would not do the job and it would not be finished. We are only talking about filing a one page request for an extension of a visitor visa that takes 5 minutes to fill out.

So he charged them twice before he would do what he promised. I called him and left messages and wrote him emails and he would not call me back as I tried to explain the situation that they had paid him. He finally wrote me back and basically said they needed to pay again or nothing gets done.

Well the girls paid him again and I looked like a fool giving hima referral. The wife was mad that I was made a fool of. I gave the girls $100 each as a partial refund. by the way Carmel contacted me and asked me why the bad review? I told him  and he never said sorry or misunderstanding and maybe a refund....nothing.

His BAR membership is New York. I wanted to file a complaint with the BAR. In Florida if you want to file a complaint against a lawyer with the Florida Bar then you need to sign a gag order agreement and never talk about what happened to you. That makes it easier for the lawyers to sweep everything under the rug.

Make sure you file a ripoff report - before you file a BAR complaint...

Do not trust Mark Carmel Attorney for immigration

Do not trust immigration lawyer Mark Carmel

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/20/2010 11:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mark-Carmel-Immigration-lawyer/internet/Mark-Carmel-Immigration-lawyer-Attorney-Mark-Carmel-Immigration-job-completed-not-done-642707. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mark Carmel Immigration lawyer

The worst attorney ever!

AUTHOR: Justin - (United States of America)

I wish I had come across this page and and the comments earlier.. Mark Carmel is a very lazy and sloppy attorney who just wants your money. I would not advise anyone to use him. He is rude and even does not bother to reply your emails. I am sure the people who worked with him do know what I am talking about..

#2 General Comment

Mark Carmel IS A RIPOFF

AUTHOR: Stanley - (United States of America)

Mark Carmal is a RIpoff. He is very unprofessional and lazy. He wants your money first and does nothing. He basically preys on the vulnerable. I do hope he changes his ways because trust me people like him do not get away with this forever. God is not mocked and Mark will recieve his punishment in time. I wish i had never paid him a dime. I could have done a better job myself or giving money to a beggar on the street to represent me. Most people who come to him are vulnerable and he takes advantage of that. Few have time and energy to report this Fraud!!

He is a Ripoff

AUTHOR: concerned - (United States of America)

Mark Carmal is a RIpoff. He is very unprofessional and lazy. He wants your money first and does nothing. He basically preys on the vulnerable. I do hope he changes his ways because trust me people like him do not get away with this forever. God is not mocked and Mark will recieve his punishment in time. I wish i had never paid him a dime. I could have done a better job myself or giving money to a beggar on the street to represent me. Most people who come to him are vulnerable and he takes advantage of that. Few have time and energy to report this Fraud!!

He is a Ripoff

AUTHOR: concerned - (United States of America)

Mark Carmal is a RIpoff. He is very unprofessional and lazy. He wants your money first and does nothing. He basically preys on the vulnerable. I do hope he changes his ways because trust me people like him do not get away with this forever. God is not mocked and he it will get back to him. Most people who come to him are vulnerable and he takes advantage of that. Few have time and energy to report this Fraud!!

USE at your OWN RISK

AUTHOR: Richard - (USA)

The cancelled checks are still available to prove this happened and this was done several years ago. Go ahead and hire Carmel Law firm at your own risk...

My Experiance with Mark Carmel

AUTHOR: benitezk1 - (United States of America)

So far I have sent Mr. Carmel several cases and he is handling them all very professionally. He does not come across as one of those attorneys that are only interested in $$$$$. He has taken the time to do research and has even provided some discounts for certain cases. Mr. Carmel is now handling my own immigration case and so far I am very satisfied. I will keep you updated on any developments.

As far as the complaint above, I believe it is a hoax, there are very important facts missing, also I printed this report and Mark Carmel explained his side to me. In any attorney-client relationship there is a signed fee agreement (contract) if these people had a valid complaint and Mr. Carmel had actually charged them in excess of the signed contract they should have reported him to the Bar (the appropriate one) and also filed a lawsuit against him, they did none of this so they knew their claims had no validity.

I wouldn't worry, Mark...

AUTHOR: Brandon - (United States of America)

From what I can infer, this genius contemplated filing a bar complaint against a New York-licensed attorney with the Florida bar. Or he just wanted to share some exciting dicta with someone other than his mail-order bride.

#8 REBUTTAL Owner of company

False Allegations From A Non-Client

AUTHOR: Mark Carmel, U.S. Immigration Lawye - (United States of America)

This is a completely false report from a person who has never been a client; and who has never referred clients to our law office. Our law office has not filed a tourist visa extension application for any client for over 12 months. We do not offer this service. Instead, we provide legal assistance with all family and employment Green Card cases, work visas, J-1 visas, TN-1 NAFTA visas for Canadians, Citizenship, and Deportation Defense. In the event that any client is interested in retaining our legal services, the client is provided a "Legal Services Agreement", containing the exact legal fee for the contemplated legal services. We have over 22 years of experience; and during this period, we have never demanded additional legal fees (above those specifically stated in the Legal Services Agreement) from any client, for any reason. In fact, we provide services to clients without the means to pay legal fees on a "Pro Bono" basis. Recently, we represented an indigent client in removal proceedings, suffering from HIV/AIDS with free representation at the Miami Immigration Court. In all cases, clients can rely on the legal fee quoted in the Legal Services Agreement. Any client disappointed with the quality of the legal services provided, for any reason, should contact our law office directly. We would be glad to discuss any client concern. However, in this present matter, we have never received any call or email from the alleged client, and we have not prepared or been retained to prepare the particular type of visa renewal application as alleged for over 12 months. The I-539 visa renewal form can be prepared and e-filed within about 15 minutes. However, following the submission, a letter in support and other supporting documentation needs to be sent by regular or express mail to the USCIS. Otherwise, the e-filed case will be denied. Therefore, this is not as simple of a case as the alleged client would have readers believe. In any case, we never charge a fee over and above the quoted fee in our Legal Services Agreement. Immigration law is federal. The Florida Bar follows the Supreme Court case of SPERRY V. FLORIDA, 373 U. S. 379, wherein the court ruled that out of state lawyers with a practice limited to federal law, can practice federal law in Florida. Sincerely, Mark Carmel, Attorney at Law, Practice Limited to Immigration Law.

Immigration Attorney Mark Carmel

AUTHOR: LY - (United States of America)

I have to disagree with the earlier report, I used Mark Carmel for his services very recently and my USCIS interview was today.

His price was more than half the most attorneys quoted me, he told us he would charge extra for his presence during the interview and added " you probably do not need to spend the extra money for that" He was very honest and not money hungry, all other attorneys I spoked to earlier seemed MONEY HUNGRY, and tried to nickle and dime everything. During the Immigration process he was always accessible and accomodating ( and I can be a pain in the neck with my demends)

I highly reccomend Mr. Carmel to anyone who needs an Immigration Attorney in Palm Beach County

I also want to publicly thank Mark Carmel for his outstanding help.

MARK CARMEL THE RIP OFF

AUTHOR: concerned - (United States of America)

I totally agree with you. This was the worst attorney i ever used. I would advise anyone NEVER to use him. All he wants is money, he even drafted my credit card without my authorization and did absolutely nothing at all. I had to find another attorney as he kept asking for more money. Nobody should ever use this guy. He also lost some of my documents and I had to resubmit my paperwork myself. DO NOT TRUST MARK CARMEL HE IS A TOTAL RIP  OFF!!!! HE JUST WANTS YOUR MONEY AND DOES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!