Complaint Review: Mark Elliott Pachan

• Updated: Fri, February 17, 2012

• Reported By: Manish Patel — suwanee Georgia United States of America
Mark Elliott Pachan
5050 Brent Knoll Ln Suwanee suwanee, Georgia United States of America

Mark Elliott Pachan Mark E. Pachan Took $4000 deposit for new roof - Got no service or new roof. Took off witht the money suwanee, Georgia

*Consumer Comment: I agree

*Consumer Comment: I just don't get it.....

I was advice by the roofer to place in a second claim for the damaged roof on my house.  The first claim made in Sept 2010 only paid quarter of my roof.  After the second claim the insurance decided to pay for another quarter of the roof (claiming it was vandalism and not weather related).  The roofer told me to take the money and he will hook me up with new roof for reasonable price (at cost).  I issued him with $4000 check mid Jan 2011.  After that he never showed and instead got excuses over the phone.  I finally got fed up and demanded my money back in June unfortunately he told me that he is broke and could not do any roofs in Georgia due to tough immigration laws.  When asked what he did with the money that I gave him for material he replied that he used it for other business venture (Garage doors).He did hint that he started working in Tennessee doing roofing since there are no tough laws in immigration.

After finding out his home address I went ahead and filed a claim at the Magistrate Court in Mid August.  Before the hearing he got in touch with me and told me how sorry he was and further told me he has filed bankruptcy.  Sure enough I got a letter for his bankruptcy.

Not sure what I can do at this point.   I never saw his face after he collected the $4000 to secure services and material.  Not only I lost that money but also my insurance has gone up due to the second claim by $200/year.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/16/2012 10:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mark-Elliott-Pachan/suwanee-Georgia-30024/Mark-Elliott-Pachan-Mark-E-Pachan-Took-4000-deposit-for-new-roof-Got-no-service-or-new-840170. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mark Elliott Pachan

I agree

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

In fact we recently had a $10,000.00 roof job done with one contractor, $13,000.0  bathroom renovation with another and $8,000.00 stamped concrete patio done by yet another.  NONE of them even wanted any money upfront.  They all billed us after the jobs were completed and we were happy.

We were willing to pay some up front to get them started but they told us it wasn't necessary.

Never pay 100% upfront.  If that's required, call someone else even if you get a higher price quote.  Maybe there's a reason the bid price is higher.

I just don't get it.....

AUTHOR: Cody - (U.S.A.)

First off, I feel bad for you, I truly do. I just don't get how in this day and time when there are so many unscrupulous people and businesses out there, that people still hand over thousands of dollars to ANYONE before work has been completed.

I recently acted as the General Contractor to rebuild our home after a fire. Sure, I had a lot of people that wanted their money up front, but I would tell them, "Not happening, I will buy the material if needed and pay you for labor as the job advances"

If a company is not vested enough to buy materials for a job then they are either fly by night or not a well established business. If they are an individual, then I would buy required materials and pay them for labor in stages until the work is completed.

I hope you recover your money, but chances are slim to none.