Complaint Review: Mark Ford

• Updated: Thu, April 10, 2014

• Reported By: Jessica — Madison Wisconsin
Mark Ford
Internet USA

Mark Ford, Mark F. Ford Clean Eye Examinations, Eye exam, Role play, Role-play, Las Vegas, Craigslist Craiglist, Nationwide Internet

Mark F. Ford or Mark Ford is a con artist who claims to be from Las Vegas, NV.  He puts ads on just about every job site asking for serious women for "clean eye examinations".  He has posted ads in just about all 48 continental states in the US for the past two years that I have seen, and I never came across a scam or ripoff in my search.  I figured nothing ventured, nothing gained.  He offers a RIDICULOUS sum of money (2K to 3K--I swear--do a search making sure to make quotation marks)for up to a 60 minutes 3-5 times a day with a payout every 10th session.  He talked me into this so well, that I thought I was ripping him off by accepting so much money when I was putting in hardly any time.  I still knew it must be fake, but I figured, what's 10 hours?

Then on the second week of sessions (I had done 4), Mark started to get very busy at his IT job in a casino in Vegas--he apparently works the graveyard shift (Vegas, baby) and gets home at around 10 AM daily.  I wanted to get to the 10 sessions as quickly as possible so I knew this was seriously legit.  He told me on a Wednesday that he was super busy and he would pay me in full because I did such a great job.  That threw me, because one of our sessions was only 8 minutes!  I thought, could this seriously be real?  If he was scamming me, he had every right to wait the requite 10 sessions.  Nope, Saturday came and went and that was that.

Mark's "clean" eye exams aren't so clean.  However, he sent me about 7 E-mails detailing each and every item in the eye exam office of his dreams.  Apparently, as a 15 year old, he had an amazing experience that he cannot seem to recreate on his own, so he chooses women who have good voices to play the optometrist.

Don't be fooled: After we made our "deal" (there was a lot of discussion, but what con artist--err..optometrist addict--wouldn't have an answer for every conceivable question?) he sent me seven E-mails in a row.  I will see if I can post them here.  The E-mails are formatted and extremely detailed. I mean--crazy specific. He E-mailed me pictures of the office (it's unique) and explained EVERY aspect--we're talking a two page word document for that alone.  There are pages and pages of pictures of each machine and what they do is described in detail, pictures of the magnificent chair that he asks you to lift and lower with the pedal on the chair (as he says, this is the MOST important part--and you gotta describe what your feet are doing).  He even offers a script if he feels he's not getting what he needs.  He says it has to be just right, and he doesn't mind training you forever so you'll be his perfect dream optometrist.  He will ask you to lift him up and down all the time, detailing the actions of putting your foot on the pedal.  You have to be a good actress and a good role-player to do this.

So, this insanity made me believe him a little more--he really does need this for "relief", but he shouldn't be scamming women who really are looking for work and a way to make ends meet.  I am married, so I didn't need the job like crazy, but what if I did?  Millions of people are ripped off everyday by the fake jobs, lotto winnings and whatnot. It's horrible.  Call me stupid, or whatever you like, but I'd be hard-pressed not to at least try since there was soooo little commitment involved and IF it paid out, well, I'd have been one happy, albeit confused, lady.  I don't think I know anyone personally that would feel that this was a real job, but when you talk to the guy, you're just kind of "What the heck, why not?"  Well, I say NOT.  He needs to call a phone line.  Don't give it to him for free and waste time and energy reading all the crazy.  One of the reasons I tried this out was because there were NO ripoff reports, or warnings, or scam mentions--nothing. And he has ads dating back to 2012-offering the same thing or a variation thereof.  I thought--maybe this isn't a scam.  IT IS.  I figure maybe it was because the women didn't care because so little time was spent.  I know I am not the only person who has experienced this.

But, I'm not angry.  I just don't want him to victimize someone who would stop looking for a real job because he is so darn convincing.

Here is the first of seven emails sent:

Hi, Jessica, it's Mark Ford, ok here is all the information about the 3 actual eye test machines for this eye exam. This will sort of explain What they do and how they all work exactly. These are the 3 tests that you'll perform on me during this eye exam role play.

Please note, that The "testing" machines are the "White" colored machines on the table top in all 4 of the exam room photos that i sent you ok. The other colored machines and devices on the table top are like eye glass readers / diagnostic testing machines etc... They read the prescription off someone's glasses. So ONLY the white colored machines are the actual eye tests.

Ok so below are the tests and what each one does:

Test #1:  Called The Air Pressure test OR The Glaucoma Test. This test has a large face bracket on the front for me to place my chin and forehead on. The machine blows 2 fast puffs of high pressured air into each of my eyes to test air pressure inside the eye ball and for the disease called Glaucoma.

Test #2: Called the color test OR the CBPT (Color Blindness Perception Test) this machine looks like the eye test at the local DMV, it is a rectangle shape and is long and is tilted downward. You have me look down into it and when you push a button, the screen down inside will light up and display a series of colored shapes. You just have me read them off. Then you change the images and run through a few of them by pressing buttons on your control panel and that's it. This tests for color blindness.

Test #3: Called the Visual Field Test OR The vision/letters test: This machine looks exactly like the air pressure test, this machine too has a large face bracket on the front of it for my chin and forehead. Once I look into it, there is a large screen inside that you will display rows of letters on and you have me read off the rows of letters. Your black control / switch panel operates "everything" in the room except the patient chair. Ok

There were pictures included of course, but I'm not sure if I can post them here.  But I had pictures of the room from the side, above it, below and beside it.  He sent me a picture of a control panel, the chair, the PEDAL, you name it.  He told me how to operate the machines--I felt like I was in training for optometry...that is how specific it is.

STAY AWAY!

Take care and I hope this gets somewhere.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/06/2014 12:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mark-Ford/internet/Mark-Ford-Mark-F-Ford-Clean-Eye-Examinations-Eye-exam-Role-play-Role-play-Las-Vegas-1136746. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mark Ford