Complaint Review: Mark Freatman

• Updated: Wed, December 01, 2010

• Reported By: Joni — Boerne Texas United States of America
Mark Freatman
12343 Hymeadow Drive, Suite 2-H Austin, Texas United States of America

Mark Freatman SinglePointe Realty Hired me on 5/28/10 to conduct a closing as a Notary Signing Agent and refuses to pay me or respond to my requests Austin, Texas

*Consumer Comment: I also am owed money

*Author of original report: Finally received payment and am correcting an error in my original post

I am a Notary Signing Agent and rely on prompt payment from Title Companies, Signing Companies, etc. for my livelihood. On May 27, 2010, Mark Freatman contacted me with a refinance closing in Helotes, Texas on May 28 at 8:30 a.m. I agreed to take care of the closing for him for a certain fee. I completed the closing in a satisfactory and timely manner, and have never heard from Mark Freatman again.

I sent him e-mail requests on June 30, July 8, and July 12, with phone calls interspersed during this time too. He has yet to respond to any of my e-mails or phone calls.

There are numerous complaints about him re: non-payment from other notaries, as well: http://www.123notary.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3908

I sent a letter to Atty. Gen. Greg Abbott to report Mr. Freatman on July 21, 2010, so they should be contacting me soon.

The ironic thing about this is that on June 28, 2010, he completed a Texas Real Estate Commission Ethics Course.

If you have your home listed, or are planning on entering into any other dealings with Mark Freatman, beware! Count your money twice, check your documents twice, and have everything cleared by an attorney. If he is willing to cheat Notary Signing Agents he contracts with out of several hundred dollars each, is he not willing to cheat others he works with, too?

Please contact me for proof of my complaint.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2010 11:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mark-Freatman/Austin-Texas-78750/Mark-Freatman-SinglePointe-Realty-Hired-me-on-52810-to-conduct-a-closing-as-a-Notary-Sig-628981. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mark Freatman

I also am owed money

AUTHOR: David - (United States of America)

I have seen countless stories about him ripping people off and I am indeed one of them.  He owes me $2,300.

Finally received payment and am correcting an error in my original post

AUTHOR: JoniSchmidt - (United States of America)

This is an update to show that Mark Freatman sent me a PayPal payment on 8/13/10 for the amount he owes me.

I would also like to correct an error I made in my original report: while Mark Freatman is a realtor at SinglePointe Realty, neither his broker, nor SinglePointe Realty had anything to do with the transaction between Mark Freatman and myself. Since Mark Freatman chose to ignore every effort I made to resolve this situation for the last 2 1/2 months, the only information I had to go on was his internet bio (http://activerain.com/mfreatman). I want to clarify that I only dealt with him personally via phone calls when he hired me.

I sincerely regret my error. If you are contemplating choosing SinglePointe Realty with which to do business, please do not use my original post to deter you. I only had an issue with one person, who also happens to work for SinglePointe Realty. I apologize to the owner of SinglePointe Realty for this misunderstanding, and wish him continued success in the Real Estate industry.