Complaint Review: Mark Genta

• Submitted: Mon, September 10, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, October 03, 2012

• Reported By: anonymous — Milford Connecticut United States of America
Mark Genta
15 Washington Street, Milford CT 06460 Milford, Connecticut United States of America

Mark Genta Washington Park Associates, LLC DO NOT RENT HERE!!! Small owner who does not return security deposits!! Milford, Connecticut

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Misleading Report

I was a single working individual that was a very good tenant, for several years and I have rented several different apartment complexes.  I have never ever not received my deposit back, after leaving the unit.  I take time to scrub the place from top to bottom. Always polite, never a pain to landlord or neighbors.  This landlord is an individual who rents and maintains his own property.  After I moved out he charged me for everything under the sun I'm sure to offset the cost that larger companies eat.  However, basic ware and tare that an apartment experiences should not be charged for as long as the unit is cleaned in broom ready condition.  He charged to have it cleaned (after I had scrubbed it), he charged to repaint the entire unit, when all it needed were small touch ups, he even charged to replace the blinds which were cheap and would never uphold for any period of time. [continued below]....
.....  I even went to Lowes had the blinds measured and purchased new ones for him.  He returned them and charged me an out rages price to replace them!!! Needless to say, he seems friendly and nice and then screws you in the end.  I am a young female and I certainly did not want to forfeit my 1200 deposit to this guy!!! Beware! Rent from Spinaker properties or Avalon if you are in Milford!! Its to bad!! I liked living in my apt!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2012 05:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mark-Genta/Milford-Connecticut-06460/Mark-Genta-Washington-Park-Associates-LLC-DO-NOT-RENT-HERE-Small-owner-who-does-not-re-939273. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mark Genta

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Misleading Report

AUTHOR: Washington Park - (United States of America)

A prior tenant has filed an anonymous complaint against us.

She leased the premises as a dwelling for herself only with no pets.
Her lease required the payment of an additional $100.00 per month for each pet and an additional $200 per month for each additional occupant unless we agreed otherwise in writing.  Washington Park at no time agreed to either a pet or an additional occupant.  At some point after her initial occupancy she acquired a roommate and a large dog.  At no time did the tenant pay for the additional occupant or her dog.

Washington Park cleans our units prior to a tenants move in.  The unit is either repainted or the paint is touched up prior to a new tenant.  We are able to get six years between paintings with only touch up.  The tenant's unit was completely painted and cleaned prior to her occupancy by our subcontractors.

The tenant's dog clawed the wood trim and damaged the window blinds, and contrary to her assertion, the unit was left in other than pristine condition as evidenced by the attached photos.  Her lease stated: When this Lease is ended, you will leave the Dwelling in as clean and good condition as it is in now. Changes in condition due to reasonable wear and tear, or act of God, are excepted.  Cleanliness or lack thereof, does not constitute reasonable wear and tear.

We assessed the tenant for the replacement cost of the damaged window blinds, 2/3 of the paint labor and material to reflect 2 years of occupancy out of a 6 year paint cycle.  We also assessed her for our subcontractor's cleaning invoice.  The balance of her deposit was returned.

We did not charge her for the dog or additional occupant.  We feel these charges were fair given the pre and post move in condition of the unit.  We are sorry the  tenant feels otherwise. We are allowing the tenant to remain anonymous.