Complaint Review: Mark Morgan

• Updated: Thu, January 24, 2013

• Reported By: madashell — Santa Monica California United States of America
Mark Morgan
8383 Wilshire Blvd Beverly Hills, California United States of America

Mark Morgan ,Mark Morgan and his now defunct company Kerry Kimmel and Pollack stole my $100,000 investment in the film Hansel and Gretel Get Baked Beverly Hills, California

*Author of original report: Correction About Kerry Kimmel Pollack

I invested every penny of my retirement money,$100.000(yes, I'm an idiot),in January 2012, in a film by Mark Morgan and his now defunct (third or fourth company) Kerry Kimmel Pollack to make a movie called Hansel and Gretel Get Baked, alias Hansel and Gretel and the 420 Witch, alias Black Forest and the 420 Witch. After a well publicized problem on the set involving a major cast member and drugs, the movie finally got made and is now being released by Tribeca Films on February 22, 2013.
My contract states I was to be paid in full on April 1, 2012 along with four other investors who collectively invested $4 million.To date none of us have been paid and Mark Morgan is nowhere to be found.  His attorney, Curtis Sobel of Sobel Law Group in New York has spoken to me once in over a year after numerous phone calls and emails.

Mark Morgan and his constituents are thieves and will soon reap the rewards that come with the release of a movie, while none of the investors have received a dime of their investment.  Other parties involved are Jinga Films and Black Forest Films(formerly Kerry, Kimmel Pollack) all of whom have received their money for their involvement in the making of this film.
The problem is these are not unfamiliar names in the entertainment business, but they are definitely shady. Mark Morgan has managed to attach himself to the "Twilight Series" which is where I came into the picture as one of my dearest friends is a major star in the movies.  Because of his success and initial belief that Mark Morgan was everything he said he was, making it appear he was a major force in the making of the movie, I chose to believe his nest movie, Hansel and Gretel would be a safe investment. Leave it to good PR and great managment who will say anything nice about anyone if you pay them enough.  Mark Morgan had nothing to do with the making of any of the Twilight movies....he just got lucky and got his grimmy hands on the book before it was even published and simply sold the rights to a studio.../end of story,.  But if you look him up in IMdB, you would think he is the sole reason for the success of those movies.

Everyone knows the law is not in your favor when you play in the entertainment world and I have learned my lesson by losing everything I had.  Contracts are only worth the value of the paper they are written on because the attorneys that protect these people can not be dealt with..period.
If there is any justice, please do not hire people like Mark Morgan ever again and maybe this heinus act of blatantly stealing from innocent investors may stop.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2013 06:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mark-Morgan/Beverly-Hills-California-91345/Mark-Morgan-Mark-Morgan-and-his-now-defunct-company-Kerry-Kimmel-and-Pollack-stole-my-10-1002882. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mark Morgan

Correction About Kerry Kimmel Pollack

AUTHOR: madashell - ()

It is important when making a negative statement on the internet to be accurate with the charges being made.  I was told when I originally posted this report that KK&P was defunct.  I have just been informed as of today, seven months after I posted, that KKP is still in business.

It is also important to add that I have been threatened with a lawsuit if I don't take down the report.  I am the person who has lost my money and now the very people with whom I invested my money are threatening to sue me because I was misinformed by a former employee of KKP.  What happened to freedom of speech?

The fact is I have had zero contact with KKP the entire time I invested my money, which is a year and a half.  I don't know anyone that wouldn't be furious with this kind of unprofessional behavior.  After the April 2012 pay date came and went, I started making multiple calls, emailing, texting, and never received a single response from any of the owners of KKP.  Can you imagine investing that much money and never having any contact whatsoever with the people who took your money?  I have never even been thanked for helping KKP make the movie,...nothing, until they discovered this week about this report which was written back in January, and now I am being threatened.

To date, I have still not received my $100,000 investment, nor have any of the other investors who collectively invested $3 million in the movie, Hansel and Gretal Get Baked.  The good news is the movie is doing well.  The council for KKP has finally started communicating with the investors in very limited emails, saying that they are doing everything they can to return our money.

To be completely transparent, I did receive a total of $750 two months ago, which as you can imagine was ridiculous, but I am told it was an attempt by council to let the investors know they are aware of our existence, and are hoping we don't start our own law suits.

If I receive my investment, I will take down this post immediately, but the important point to keep in mind is an investor who has never received their investment is being threatened with a lawsuit by the very company who took their money!

phenomena