Complaint Review: Mark Pilatti

• Updated: Tue, September 10, 2013

• Reported By: Pool fence — Bakersfield California
Mark Pilatti
2439 N St. Bakersfield, California USA

Mark Pilatti Portable Welding Took a check for $575 for materials and never produced the pool fence. Bakersfield California

We hired Mark Pilatti to fabricate a pool fence and install it to protect our 2 year old from falling in the pool. He came over to collect a down payment of half to cover the cost of materials. I should have known better, but he said he had been left high and dry before (laughable now). We both signed the contract and it stated he would have the fence fabricated and installed within 7 days. He told me I could stop by thShiloh anytime to see the panels being fabricated. I called 4 days later to check in and he said he would be out that evening to install the plates into the cement.

I told him I would be gone but my husband was home. He did show up that night but my husband said all he did was measure. Should have been the first red flag. I called on day six to make sure he would be installing the fence the following day. He said no, it was going to have to be on Saturday. I called and texted Saturday morning and no response. At 2:00 in the afternocalled texted me and said thieves had stolen his welder and he would not be able to do it until Monday. Well, Monday came... No Mark. He will not return any texts or phone calls. I have filed a fraud report with the police department and will file with the Courts this week. Beware!!!! I checked and he has a lengthy criminal record that I should have looked at before writing that check!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2013 10:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mark-Pilatti/Bakersfield-California-93301/Mark-Pilatti-Portable-Welding-Took-a-check-for-575-for-materials-and-never-produced-the-1083291. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mark Pilatti