Complaint Review: Mark Pleplowski, Esq

Mark Pleplowski, Esq
4266 Lasha Court North Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

Mark Pleplowski, Esq Caused me to loose my children North Las Vegas, Nevada

*Consumer Comment: Logically flawed

Mr. Peplowski briefly represented me in Family Court in 2001 when some post divorce issues arose with my ex-husband - Non payment of child support, child visitation, and harrassment.  No further issue resolution was necessary until mid 2005.

In 2004 with the assistance of my ex-husband, my 2 daughters and I moved back to our home state of Ohio.  My ex-husband also moved back to Ohio in late April 2005.  In May of 2005 I again started experiencing some of the same issues with my ex-husband as I did in 2001.  At that time, I saught legal assistance in Ohio.

Although Ohio did register my divorce decree and child custody papers, additional issues of Jurisdiction came up because the divorce took place in Las Vegas, Nevada.  As of October 2005 Mark Pleplowski was contacted and acted as my attorney of record in Family Court in Las Vegas.

After providing all of my information to Mark Pleplowski, I requested that he get an Evedentuary Hearing scheduled to prove that Ohio did have jurisdiction over the case. This was not done.  He wrote a 50 page Motion that was never heard in court - I'm not even sure it was actually filed to be heard in Las Vegas Family Court.

Mr. Pleplowski had stated in court that he was working for me Pro Bono (free of charge) basis.  In May of 2006 at the time he was to be filling the 50 page motion, he asked me to send him $500.00, which I did.

It was difficult at best to reach Mr. Pleplowski by phone or even e-mail until just before an August 2006 hearing in Las Vegas Family Court.

While doing some web surfing in early September 2006, I ran across the Las Vegas Review Journal report on the Metropolitan Police Prostitution Sting that contained a picture of my attorney - Mark Peplowski.  I fired him on the spot!

In November of 2006 the Las Vegas Family Court Judge - Sandra Pomerenze awarded my ex-husband custody of my 2 daughters with out hearing anything from my side.  It took me an additional 2 years, an additional $15,000.00 and a whole lot of hurt placed on me before the Las Vegas Family Court Judge would agree to an Evedentuary Hearing.

I won the Evidentuary Hearing on September 29, 2007 in Las Vegas Family Court. However, not everything could be put back to square one.  I lost my kids, I lost my home, I lost my right to a review of the support not paid by my ex-husband (approx. $50,000.00), and as of February 2009 50% of my unemployment check has been going to pay for my portion of support instead of the customary (according to Nevada Law) 25% for 2 children.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/09/2010 03:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mark-Pleplowski-Esq/North-Las-Vegas-Nevada-89032/Mark-Pleplowski-Esq-Caused-me-to-loose-my-children-North-Las-Vegas-Nevada-591462. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mark Pleplowski, Esq

Logically flawed

AUTHOR: Tim - (U.S.A.)

Ok, I understand not wanting to be represented by an attorney who was busted in a prostitution sting.

But nonetheless, you voluntarily fired your attorney two months prior to an important hearing, and apparently failed to secure alternate counsel.

So what did you expect to happen at the hearing? You didn't have anyone there to represent you. Of course you lost.

Your complaint title states that this attorney caused you to lose your children. It takes some pretty circuitous logic to arrive at this conclusion. Basically, what you're saying is that this attorney's alleged penchant for ladies of the evening cost you the custody of your children.

The reality is that your personal aversion to the attorney's activities, coupled with your failure to assure that you were represented, cost you the custody of your children.

I guess I just don't see how you can blame someone for the outcome of a proceeding where you prevented him from even participating.