Complaint Review: Mark Shackelford , TX Air Parts

• Submitted: Fri, March 14, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, January 15, 2011

• Reported By:Houston Texas
Mark Shackelford , TX Air Parts
660 Preston Forest Ctr #115 Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Mark Shackelford , TX Air Parts Complete FRAUD. Returned item from Ebay auction, no refund. Paypal and Ebay refuse to do anything. Dallas Texas

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Aircraft Lease

*Consumer Comment: another ripoff

*Author of original report: Response 11 months later?

*UPDATE Employee: Complete Liar

I purchased an item from Mark Shackelfords Ebay Auction in the amount of $175.00 plus $12.05 for shipping (which was ridiculous). The item purchased was an audio adapter for an aviation headset. This was on Nov. 25, 2007

I received the item and it has been clearly used. The auction stated it was new in the box. I contacted Mark Shackelford and advised him that I would be returning the item for a refund. He told me that would be fine, but that I would have to pay a 15% restocking fee which I believe was unfair considering the item was listed as new, but was clearly used.

I sent the item to Mark Shackelford via USPS Priority mail with signature confirmation. I received confirmation of their receipt and awaited my refund. Weeks and weeks went by of no response to my emails, nor an answer on their business phone.

After MONTHS of emails and phone calls, I finally got ahold of someone who works there. The gentleman said that he knew that I had returned it, because he was looking at it on the shelf and that he would have Mark refund me that afternoon. And if not, for me to call him back the next day. I never received a refund. By this time, neither Paypal or my Credit Card company could do anything for me as the time had expired.

After continued attempts trying to contact Mark Shackelford, I then contacted the Dallas Police Department. I spoke with a Detective who specializes in computer fraud and while he told me that the DA would not bring charges for that "little amount" that he would investigate for me. I supplied him the information I had, all the emails sent, and times/dates of phone calls placed. He then told me he would have a meet with Mark Shackelford.

The Dallas Police Detective made contact with Mark Shackelford on March 5 and he assured the Detective that I would have my refund via Paypal within a few days. He also told me that they would be "keeping an eye on him" and provided me with a police report.

I sit here writing this on March 12, 2008 with nothing returned to me. I have again contacted the Detective and we will see where it goes from here, as a friendly "meeting" seemed to have no effect.

How someone can do this to someone else in the aviation community is beyond me. This man has no honor, no sense of wright and wrong, no sense of the law, and It will catch up with him.

I urge every single one of you to NOT do business with this FRAUD. Until then, Mark can go knowing what he has done wrong and know that there are people who don't give up, regardless the cost.

Nic
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2008 01:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mark-Shackelford-TX-Air-Parts/Dallas-Texas-75230/Mark-Shackelford-TX-Air-Parts-Complete-FRAUD-Returned-item-from-Ebay-auction-no-refund-317957. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mark Shackelford , TX Air Parts

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Aircraft Lease

AUTHOR: Mark - ()

The aircraft leased in the above issue was badly in need of maintenance, but was leased to us with the understanding that it was in good condition.

On the initial flight back home to Dallas, the radios and audio system failed, causing the need for an emergency "no comms" approach into DFW.  The repairs were very expensive, and were paid by us.  The aircraft rental income had not even come close to covering the costs of the repairs. This is why no rental income had been paid to the owner.

The reason one engine only had two qts. of oil is we stopped flying the aircraft due to many other airworthiness concerns. It had serious oil leaks, and by sitting for a month a large portion of the oil had leaked out.

We held the logs as the owner of the airplane owed us money for the numerous repairs we had to make to the airplane, all at our expense.  To put the issue behind us, we did return the logbooks, though we legally did not have to do so.

The owner came to our airport in the middle of the night and "repossesed" his aircraft. If he was so in the right, why did he literally "fly by night"?

We followed the lease agreement to the letter. The owner did not. But its Ok, we have many other aircraft on leaseback now and all the owners are very satisfied.

another ripoff

AUTHOR: fly4ujohnboy - ()

I leased my aircraft to Mark Shackleford which was a huge mistake.  He came to my home in St. Louis and I agreed to allow him to use my aircraft in his flight school in Plano, TX.  When it came time to pay for the monthly lease payment he refused to send the money.  He would not answer his phone or return phone calls.  I finally took an airline flight to Dallas to pick up the airplane after his refusal to answer repeated calls and failure to pay for the lease.  I found that there was only 2 quarts of oil in one engine.  Normal level is 6 to 8 quarts.  I also discovered that a battery was replaced that was not to be used in an aircraft.   After returning to St. Louis I demanded return of the aircraft logbooks but he refused to return them.  Logbooks are extremely valueable for the aircraft owner but to no one else.  I finally had to hire an attorney in Dallas who went after him.  The attorney finally received the logbooks from him.  He rented the aircraft but I did not get one cent.  In addition, I paid for an airline ticket and fuel to reposses the aircraft and never saw a cent returned.  It would not be wise to do any business with this person.

Response 11 months later?

AUTHOR: Nic - (U.S.A.)

Way to stay on top of your business.... You respond to complaints against your company (both on here and the BBB) like you do your emails. Had you offered to send the part back to me I would have at least done that to attempt to recoup some of my money. Rather, you refused to answer your emails, or phone calls. It does not help that your website went down only weeks after this incident and still remains inactive to this day. Business must be slow.... big surprise considering this is how you treat your customers.

And personal threats? Thanks for the laugh. The only way I have been able to contact you morons is on here.

Complete Liar

AUTHOR: Simpletruth - (U.S.A.)

This person purchased a device from us that allows a pilot to listen to music while in the cockpit. It has an input for an MP3 player or whatever output source you like (Standard plug). It then mutes automatically if Air Traffic Control (ATC) calls you, which is great because you don't wan't to be practicing your American Idol routine while ATC is trying to tell you a 747 is about to hit you!

This was sold as a listing on Ebay. The item had been purchased as a part of a large lot of items at an auction of aviation items. It was advertised as "New in the box' because it looked new, was tested to work, and included all factory literature.

This Buyer purchased the item, then demanded a refund after several weeks, beyond our standard return timeframe. We stand behind our products, but we require a timely notice of return. When we received a call from the Dallas Police, we explained the situation and they laughed and told us not to worry about it.

We still to this day have the item the buyer sent back to us. If he is willing to pay return shipping, we will gladly send it back to him. It works, the price was right, and he is entitled to his merchandise. He has threatened bodily harm and posted several things indicating he intends to harm us, but we believe he won't carry out his threats. Dallas police are monitoring his activities online and have assured us they will make him regret any attempt to hurt our employees or owners.

identify