Complaint Review: Mark T. Janulis

• Submitted: Wed, February 08, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, November 22, 2006

• Reported By:Simpsonville South Carolina
Mark T. Janulis
13 Misty Oaks Drive Greer, South Carolina U.S.A.

Mark T. Janulis Promises debt relief, but in reality will ruin your credit Ripoff Greer South Carolina

*Author of original report: websites--markbuyshouses1.com - easyhousehelp.com

*Consumer Suggestion: Get an attorney!

In the summer or 2003, I found that because of my health, I was no longer able to work. This put my family in a bind, since I was the major contributor to the household income at the time. We found that it was necessary to sell our house and live cheaper. So, we did some research and found this ad from Mark Janulis that promised "I take care of your monthly payments, take on all responsibility for maintenance and upkeep of your property, and liquidate your asset, before it becomes a liability!" All we had to do was walk away and then come back for the closing of the house when it sold and he gets whatever is left after we pay off the loan on the house.
Needless to say, this sounded perfect for our situation, because the real estate agent that we had consulted before had said that we didn't have enough equity in our house compared to the asking price, yadda yadda.... meaning that her comission would've been too much and we wouldn't have been able to pay off the loan that we owed on it. So, we were desperate. We signed this Lease Agreement with Option to Purchase Real Estate which basically stated the above promise in writing and made us unable to sell the property out from under him. We had to get the mortgage company to send all of the paperwork to him, so that he made the monthly payments and so forth. However, I didn't know until about 6 months later that he never made one single payment!! He let the bank foreclose on the property and I didn't find out until a year later--until I finally called the bank and asked about it.Don't forget, he promised to take care of EVERYTHING and ALL of the paperwork was going to his house. He would tell me everything was fine when it actually wasn't, and he would tell me that he was showing the house to people and maybe they're gonna buy it in a few days, etc.

It seemed like throughout this whole ordeal, he had us jumping through hoops. He would lie and say one thing, and then another. Now, he has a website to try to take in more people--www.markbuyshouses1.com

Please, people, do not trust this man--he is a liar and a thief!! He takes advantage of sick people. I wish I would've known his true character before this happened and then I could've prevented my credit from being ruined. When we tried to contact him, he would not return our phone calls. We had to hunt him down, basically, and then make him talk to us, and then, we just got lied to. I am disappointed in myself, really, for trusting anyone like this. I just hope that this rip-off report will keep anyone else from getting hurt and manipulated by this dishonest, horrible person.

Hilary
Simpsonville, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2006 11:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mark-T-Janulis/Greer-South-Carolina-29651/Mark-T-Janulis-Promises-debt-relief-but-in-reality-will-ruin-your-credit-Ripoff-Greer-So-175326. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mark T. Janulis

websites--markbuyshouses1.com - easyhousehelp.com

AUTHOR: Hilary - (U.S.A.)

wanted to tell you about the other websites he now has. Still operating under his own name, Mark Janulis, out of Greer, SC.
Thanks for your support, people who post...

Just dont want others to end up in the same boat as me..

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Get an attorney!

AUTHOR: Robin - (U.S.A.)

Hilary,

So sorry to hear this happened to you. The law is on your side....contact a real estate attorney asap....file your own criminial charges if you can. There are several companies in this area...I live in Spartanburg doing this...there's another one in Greer doing the same thing. There are legitimate lease/option real estate investors out there, but I can't tell you how many times I get calls from people saying this exact same thing.

Feel free to call me to discuss this. I don't know if they'll let me post my number...but it's 590-9660. I'll be more than glad to talk to you. I hate this happened. If they don't let me put my number on here...just correspond with me on this forum and we'll figure out a way to get in touch.

No matter what....judges will be on your side in court on this matter. Period. Fight...don't let them win. OK? Thanks.