Complaint Review: Mark Z

Mark Z
39500 Orchard hill Pl Ste 100 Novi, Michigan United States of America

Mark Z Mark Z is all about himself and not the customer Novi, Michigan

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: There's A Reason We Sell 350+ Homes A Year

i signed up with mark z because he said he would show my house more then it had been shown. my first realtor showed it 2 times mark 3. mark never saw my house or been in it he only has seen pictures that were taken. after i signed with him he went on vacation and didn't set up his assitant to cover for him while he was gone. i had to fax back all the papers i signed so they could show the house if needed.

i never had a open house. his brochures he had in the box by the sign had many other advertisments for other houses and very little about mine. most people asked what house he was selling mine our his. people asked about his sign why the big Z on it. it looks like he is seeling his name not the house.

of the 3 people it  ws shown to i had one offer. he states my house is priced to high. i'm on the lake and maybe my house is a little to high but if it doesn't get shown how do i counter on any offers. it seems he sits at his office and lets other people do his job.

i just want to let everyone know don't trust what he says because the hardest worker he has is his dad. i am taking his signs from my property and honestly was fooled by his advertizing on the radio and by him as well. its all about him not the customer my point of view.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/11/2012 07:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mark-Z/Novi-Michigan-48375/Mark-Z-Mark-Z-is-all-about-himself-and-not-the-customer-Novi-Michigan-953767. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mark Z

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

There's A Reason We Sell 350+ Homes A Year

AUTHOR: MARK Z. - ()

While I appreciate your feedback, I wanted you to understand why we do what we do. Keep in mind our marketing plan is not normal, but then again neither our results. We sell over 350 homes a year so we have to operate in a completely different manner than the average realtor.

If your last Realtor showed your home only twice and we showed it only three times, then yes obviously your home was way over priced. That might not be what you want to hear, but I told you at our listing appointment your price was considerably higher than the market comparables, but you insisted on listing at your price. Keep in mind no matter how strong my marketing plan is, I can't fool the market or fool buyers into believing it's a great price when your neighbors are priced much less and showing a much better value.

Yes we do advertise other homes on the back of your flyers because the truth of the matter is, 87% of the buyers that pick up your flyer for whatever reason end up not being interested in the subject property itself. Therefore we give them options to inquire about other listings we have. The GREAT NEWS is your home is featured on the back of all of our other listings. So you can see how powerful this cross marketing is. It's like a spider web and the client you gets to benefit from all of this marketing.

I did go on vacation but I have a staff of 19 people on my team and everytime you called, my staff answered and helped you. I know this because we track every call and I seen every message. We went above and beyond for you.

You are correct we did not do an open house. Again it's rare that any Realtor does open houses anymore. There is no reason to do an open house. Your home is open 24/7 ONLINE with today's technology and everyone's busy schedule open houses have failed the past 12 years. We can't afford to waste time and participate in a marketing technique that was used in the 70's and 80's. We know what works and we do what works. But again no matter what we do, we can't sell an over-priced product.

For example if I placed a brand new cadillac escalade on the cover of the Wall Street Journal but it was $50,000 over-priced would it still sell just because of the exposure? Absolutely not! People know the value and it needs to be priced right and marketed right. Our marketing plan is never being tested in the process, because that has already been proven to work. It's the price we are testing.

We told you in order to sell your home and get more activity you had to lower your price. You refused to face reality so I could no longer help you. I'm sorry it didn't work out and I wish you the best of luck.