Complaint Review: Markatos Services

• Updated: Wed, June 19, 2013

• Reported By: Kristin — New Castle Delaware
Markatos Services
1411 Philadelphia Pike, Wilmington, Delaware USA

Markatos Services Clean? Sometimes. Untrustworthy and Unprofessional? Every time. Wilmington Delaware

*Author of original report: Reputable?

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: We Remain Reputable

Hiring Markatos Services was a huge mistake. The cleaning was irregular, both for its quality and its reliability.

But my biggest complaint comes eight months after reporting some missing valuables. I was given every assurance that Markatos wanted to resolve my claim, but their behavior suggests to me that that's been nothing more than lip service.

They will not acknowledge any responsibility for my diamond ring and $150 cash, which I noticed missing a couple of days after Markatos cleaned my home. (No one else was in the house.)

But they DID fire the suspected employee (who "can't be found," according to Markatos' insurance company, which subsequently denied my claim) and have, they told me, improved their employee background check system. Doing those things suggests to me that they recognize the problem, even if they're not willing to admit it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2013 08:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Markatos-Services/Wilmington-Delaware-19809/Markatos-Services-Clean-Sometimes-Untrustworthy-and-Unprofessional-Every-time-Wilmin-1056130. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Markatos Services

Reputable?

AUTHOR: Kristin - ()

Clearly, Markatos Services and their insurance company are resting on the defense of "it's her word against ours."  I'm still out one diamond ring.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

We Remain Reputable

AUTHOR: Markatos Services - ()

Here at Markatos Services, we take any and all complaints very seriously; otherwise we would not stamp our last name on our company title. We have done everything possible to address and resolve each concern and claim made by this customer.

Markatos Services Inc. is licensed, bonded and insured. When the claim was initially made, we were advised by our insurance company to let their claims department directly handle the investigation. The report of items in question was made on 10/17/12. After thorough investigation, the insurance company and authorities found Markatos Services not liable for this claim. We have documentation that supports the results of this claim provided on 3/27/13, 5 months later.

We take allegations of stolen property extremely serious. All employees go through an intense hiring process. We perform a criminal background check, character analysis survey, social styles profile, and drug test on all new hires, each in which they must pass.

The stigma of the cleaning industry is unfortunately, “the cleaner did it”. We continue to face the negative stigma of this industry and will continue to improve our company processes and systems so we can provide service that lives above industry standards. We have built our business on referrals from existing satisfied customers for the past 30 years. To hear this type of review is very upsetting to us as a family, and operating business.

Markatos Services Inc.