Complaint Review: Markdown Madness

Markdown Madness Markdown Madness is a Fraud - Beware & Be Warned  Internet

*Consumer Comment: MARKDOWN MADNESS--NEVER had a bad dealing with them

*General Comment: All my dealings were positive

------------------------------------------------

Please take a look at complaints about Markdown Madness in the link below then read my story so you could identify the pattern:

------------------------------------------------

. On January 3, 2013, I purchased a Thermador Steam Oven from the merchant, Markdown Madness, via eBay. As soon as I realized the oven needs a trim kit that costs $400 to be installed in order to use, I contacted the seller to request a cancellation of my order. The merchant lied and told me that they could get me a trim kit for $166 and requested the additional payment of $166 for the trim kit. [continued below]....

..... I paid the merchant $166 for the trim kit but requested the merchant not to ship the oven until the merchant knew for sure they could get me a trim kit.

. On January 4, 2013, the merchant lied and told me that the order was put on hold; however, the merchant charged my credit card.

. On January 5, 2013, I requested the merchant to issue me a refund while the order was put on hold.

. On January 6, 2013, the merchant lied and promised to issue me a refund the next day but never did.

. On January 8, 2013, the merchant lied and claimed they had ordered a trim kit for the oven.

. On January 9, 2013, the merchant shipped the oven to me even though the merchant told me the order was put on hold on January 4, 2013.

. On January 19, 2013, the merchant lied and claimed the trim kit was ordered from the manufacturer and would be shipped to me directly but the merchant could not provide an order number.

. On January 21, 2013, I received the oven I had requested the order to be cancelled on January 4, 2013. In addition, I was told that my order was put on hold on January 4, 2013 and that a refund would be issued on January 6, 2013. Because I did not receive the trim kit the merchant lied and claimed to order for me, I did not fully unpack; I was also planning to return the oven.

. On January 24, 2013, the merchant lied and claimed that the trim kit was ordered but it was backed order by the manufacturer.

. On January 31, 2013, the merchant lied and claimed that the trim kit was ordered but the manufacturer could not provide any additional information.

. On February 14, 2013, I finally realized the merchant never ordered the trim kit and was simply trying to sell an item they did not have in stock. I requested a refund of $166 I had paid for the trim kit and a return authorization for the oven if the merchant could not provide a non-eBay invoice for warranty purpose.

. On February 15, 2013, the merchant issued me the $166 refund for the trim kit but could not provide me a non-eBay invoice for warranty purpose or a return authorization. The merchant also wanted to charge me $130 of freight cost to ship the unit back.

. On February 25, 2013, I fully unpacked the oven and discovered that the oven I received had a "Scratch and Dent Inventory" sticker on the back, a big dent on the top, a loose handle, no owner manual, and a power cord that had been cut off to make it unsafe for household use. The oven was advertised as "100% - Brand New, Open Box" and "Brand New, Never Been Used with Full Factory warranty". I immediately requested the merchant to issue me a return authorization because the oven I received was not as described.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/28/2013 03:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Markdown-Madness/internet/Markdown-Madness-Markdown-Madness-is-a-Fraud-Beware-amp-Be-Warnednbsp-Internet-1054474. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Markdown Madness

MARKDOWN MADNESS--NEVER had a bad dealing with them

AUTHOR: cayla - ()

I have purchased MANY items from Markdown Madness, which included Major appliances for my kithen re-do,......

the shipping was ALWAYS quick, everything was as described, and if there was a problem, they were QUICK to

respond, offer a solution & PLEASURE to deal with!!!,.......NEVER a BAD experience!!!!

#2 General Comment

All my dealings were positive

AUTHOR: rightwise - ()

Over the course of the last two years I have made several purchases which ended with a positive experience