• Report: #819139

• Submitted: Fri, January 06, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, July 16, 2012

• Reported By: Gldstwmn — West Covina California United States of America
Market Force, Inc

Market Force, Inc Secret Shopper They sent me 3 money orders $900.00 for a Western Union. I was to rate the store and resend the money, the MO we fake, Internet

*Consumer Comment: No one was scammed by Market Force

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: another suck up tries to defend this crappy company.

*UPDATE Employee: Emails were not from Secret Shopper

I received an email for a mystery shopper job. I was to be evaluating western union store and Wal-Mart store funds will be made available to me to in order to carry out the assignment. I received 3 money orders in the amt of 900.00 each. I was to deposit the money orders in my bank acct and then they wanted me to wire cash at 3 different times thru western union but deduct 200.00 for my fee and evaluate the store.

The money orders were fake  I tried to cash them at a check cashing place and they kept them cause they were no good. I have tried to get a hold of the company but to my surprise no avail, also you would think they would try to contact me because I never wired the money but they have not  I also received several emails from several different people which I have listed below. Please be aware.

Richard McKenna instructorrichardmckenna@aol.com, myoja2324@gmail.com

Email: castromarkcastro@gmail.com
Time: 24 Hours daily by e-mail
Processing Job-Unit.
Mystery Shopper

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2012 06:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Market-Force-Inc/internet/Market-Force-Inc-Secret-Shopper-They-sent-me-3-money-orders-90000-for-a-Western-Union-819139. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Market Force, Inc

No one was scammed by Market Force

AUTHOR: MRamos - (USA)

You both clearly fell for a scam perpetrated by someone claiming to be from Market Force. Your first hint should have been that they made the initial contact, Market Force only sends out jobs to people who have signed up on their website. The second and obvious indication that this isn't a genuine email from market force is that they sender uses a gmail and aol address. Why would Market Force use a gmail address and not a marketforce.com or certifiedfieldassociate.com address? Theses people are clearly using Market Force's good reputation to swindle people and I can understand you being upset that you get scammed but you have to realize that anyone can claim they are from a company and put it in their email signature, it doesn't actually mean they work for the company. If anyone every asks you to do any kind of mystery shop involving checks or money orders it's almost 100% guaranteed to be a scam.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

another suck up tries to defend this crappy company.

AUTHOR: Dave - (USA)

The Employee who replied to this is nothing but a suck up and he/she is only trying to cover up any wrong doing by Market Force. They have the tech to lock down their site to keep scammers from copying it and emailing you like you got. What you got was a legit job offer and yes they sent a check to my brother as well for over 2 grand same company for some mystery shop and he was to forward money to some account in TX. Market Force seems to have ties to these scam artist out of African nations like Kenya, Uganda, Nigeria etc. The BBB needs to drop em and it's time some one go in there and investigate why they're not paying some who do their "dirty" work these mystery shops, theater checks etc.

Emails were not from Secret Shopper

AUTHOR: Secretshopper.com - (U.S.A.)

The emails you received were not from Secret Shopper, but rather were from a scammer, using information copied from our website to make their offer seem more legitimate.  We are sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced recently and are very troubled that our company name is being used in disreputable scams such as the one you described.