Complaint Review: Market Force

• Submitted: Tue, December 11, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, December 11, 2012

• Reported By: Lori — College Station Texas United States of America
Market Force
6025 The Corners Parkway, Norcross, Georgia 30092 Louisville, Colorado United States of America

Market Force conveniently loses your receipts, keeps all funds, Louisville, Colorado

Market Force is a company that utilizes "Mystery Shoppers" to evaluate the quality of service from various merchants.  I have completed five mystery shops in ten days.  Although their computer system seems to always receive my reports about the business, they have had repeated trouble receiving my required receipts and three have not been uploaded according to their records.

They claim all were received late, which is grounds for reducing your wage.  So, instead of $5.00, you may receive $3.00 for two hours of time required to complete the paperwork and complete the shop.  I was concerned about how the receipts became lost, so I called, trying to solve the problem.  Instead, I was immediately accused of being irresponsible, and told that I will no longer be a mystery shopper.

I have been required to spend personal funds of $79.00 on food purchases of certain foods required for the report, not things I would normally have ordered and many I only sampled since they were loaded with too much fat and calories.  Additionally, I have not been paid the $27.50 wages.  I am out $106.50.

I suspect the company is receiving funds from McDonalds, Sonic and all the other companies they contract with to perform the services, then not paying the mystery shoppers nor reimbursing us.  Scamming both their clients and the mystery shoppers.  I chalk it up to "lessons learned" and plan to report them to the Better Business Bureau since it appears no regulatory agency supervises their work.  I, however, consider it theft and will see if law enforcement agrees.  I mystery shop for BestMark and they seem to have a very good system that is operational.  It's good to know some companies can operate honestly.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/11/2012 10:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Market-Force/Louisville-Colorado-80027/Market-Force-conveniently-loses-your-receipts-keeps-all-funds-Louisville-Colorado-980840. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Market Force