Complaint Review: Market Pulse LTD. Shopping Business Solutions

• Updated: Thu, August 14, 2008

• Reported By:Cheektowaga New York
Market Pulse LTD. Shopping Business Solutions
125 James Street South Hamilton, Ontario Canada

Market Pulse LTD. Shopping Business Solutions Live check sent to me for "to good to be true" offer. Hamilton Ontario Canada

On April 13, 2008 I came home to a very suspicious, hand addressed letter with no return address. Enclosed with a letter was a cashier's check from Christiana Bank and Trust (from Greenville, DE 1-866-471-1719) in the amount of $4820.00 and a "customer service evalutaion tool" (a simple check box form to rate customer service on a scale of poor to excellent). I was surprised when I saw the amount on what looked to be a legitimate check.

The letter had stated that I was selected to be a "secret customer" and that "all fees have been waived." I was instructed to call and speak with a "task co-ordinator" at 1-647-686-6486 ext 200, listen to recording and wait for my call to be answered. I never got an answer and left a voicemail (with no return call). There was a note stating that if the office was not contacted immediately upon receipt of the check, that automatic stop payment order would be placed on the check.

In the letter, there was a breakdown of funds that the check was to cover. This is what it included:
Evaluation training and pay + expenses - $400
Wal-Mart Purchase - $50
Target Purchase - $50
(this is where it got really suspicious)
Western Union Transfer - $2700
Service Charge by Western Union - $1440
Money Gram transfer - $1440
Service Charge by Money Gram - $50

The letter finished with a stamped signature of Susan Hollands (Human Resources Manager). I also noticed that the customer service form I was to use looked like a simple MS Word table document with "cut and paste" logos from the internet of different businesses. Both the top and bottom margins were slightly cutting them off. They were distorted as if they were sized and resized to fit on the page.

I hope this letter is of some help. I will be contacting my local news station regarding this as well.

Dion
Cheektowaga, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2008 07:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Market-Pulse-LTD-Shopping-Business-Solutions/Hamilton-Ontario-L8P-2Za/Market-Pulse-LTD-Shopping-Business-Solutions-Live-check-sent-to-me-for-to-good-to-be-tru-363055. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Market Pulse LTD. Shopping Business Solutions

dedication