Complaint Review: Marketdata Research Group, Inc - Texas Rubber Supply

• Submitted: Wed, December 03, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, December 17, 2008

• Reported By:Albany Oregon
Marketdata Research Group, Inc - Texas Rubber Supply
PO Box 66435 Houston, Texas U.S.A.

Marketdata Research Group, Inc - Texas Rubber Supply Mystery Shopping, Customer Surverys, Full Service Market Reseach & Consulting Houston Texas

*UPDATE Employee: Texas Rubber Supply

I received a letter in the mail a few days ago, the envelope looked like junk mail so I set it aside. Today is my day off, so I went through my mail. I opened this letter and found a letter inside and a questionaire along with a check of $3,988.00. The check looked very real! However, a couple of red flags arose immediatly; one the check was from a different company than the letter was from, it was from a company Texas Rubber Supply, Inc.; second the letter was from Marketdata Research Group, Inc.; third when I called the person on the other end was only eager for me to cash the check and then call her back to get more details. I asked why the letter and the check was from two different people. The answer was, that Texas Rubber Supply was there sponsor. The person on the other end insisted I deposit the money and call her back to get more information.

Before, I did this I went on line and typed in Marketdata Research Group, Inc. the only thing that came up was from Ripoff Report; in fact just posted earlier today from a gal in Corvallis, Or - I'm in Albany, Or.
I called the number back to talk with the Director of Human Resources, Samuel Appleton, as stated on the letter. When I asked for Samuel Appleton, the person on the phone said I had the wrong number. Hummm, I said, I have a letter here that says he is the Director of Human Resources, can I have his phone number then. At that point the person on the other line had hung up on me.
I have tried calling back, however, it just goes to an answering machine.
THIS IS A SCAM!!!!

Almost taken
Albany, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2008 02:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Marketdata-Research-Group-Inc-Texas-Rubber-Supply/Houston-Texas-77266/Marketdata-Research-Group-Inc-Texas-Rubber-Supply-Mystery-Shopping-Customer-Surverys-397483. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Marketdata Research Group, Inc - Texas Rubber Supply

Texas Rubber Supply

AUTHOR: Paul - (U.S.A.)

Texas Rubber Supply Inc. is in no way involved in this scam. Someone is reproducing our checks.

Our bank's fraud department is working on this, along with other appropriate agencies.

Feel free to call 214-631-3143.

Thanks