Complaint Review: Marlene Romo

• Updated: Wed, August 01, 2012

• Reported By: Mary macdonaugh — Duarte California United States of America
Marlene Romo
10254 Marion Ave. Montclair, California United States of America

Marlene Romo My Lovely Occasions Check is in the mail it bounced It bounced me a 25.00 isf fee after she was a no show at my wedding. Breech of contract bad check and won't send a money order because she thinks I might try to deposi Montclair, California

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Client Was Refunded In Full

*Consumer Comment: Advise

Paid Marlene Romo in full for a photo booth to be delivered at 4:30 in duarte for my wedding on April 21, 2012. She and the booth were a no show. It was after 9:00 p.m. when I finally was able to reach her. She did not give a reason for breeching the contract but said she would refund my 400.00 by check. I found out May 10th her check had bounced and the bank charged a 25.00 isf fee to my account. I called Ms. Romo but she failed to return my phone calls. It was only after I informed her by email her check was no good that she emailed back stating she would send me a money order. Today is the 16th of May and I have received nothing from her except another email that said she wouldn't send a money order until I returned her bounced check because she thought I might rip her off by cashing the money order and redepositing the bad check. Rip HER Off? She must moonlight as a comedian'!!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2012 08:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Marlene-Romo/Montclair-California-91763/Marlene-Romo-My-Lovely-Occasions-Check-is-in-the-mail-it-bounced-It-bounced-me-a-2500-isf-883503. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Marlene Romo

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Client Was Refunded In Full

AUTHOR: LegalDpt - (United States of America)

I am forced to take legal recourse over this profound and premature claim. A money order was issued in the full amount and delivered to the client. It was a mistake to issue her a check from Wells Fargo, that did not release funds in time to clear the check.

Resolution. I was not able to perform the services so I refunded the client. A money order was issued to cover the refund. The client has been negligent in responding to a Cease and Desist order and I will be perusing the issue in the California Court System.

Advise

AUTHOR: Richard - (USA)

Where I live it is a felony to write someone a bad check for over $100

I am not a lawyer and do not know your local laws

But I would not return the check until she hands you at the same time the money order or write up an agreement that you will not prosecute if she refunds the money

Call the local state attorney office and file a complaint about a bad check they can get the money back or press criminal charges