Complaint Review: Marlin Integrated Capital, LLC

• Submitted: Sun, November 02, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, November 02, 2008

• Reported By:Inwood West Virginia
Marlin Integrated Capital, LLC
507 Prudential Road Horsham, Pennsylvania U.S.A.
  • Phone: 866-846-5106
  • Web:
  • Category: Liars

Marlin Integrated Capital, LLC Have baby on the way - Applied for Home Loan - WAS DENIED !!!! Horsham Pennsylvania

I applied for a home loan on Oct 17th 2008 and was denied - due to the fact that this collection agency has me owing $284.00 to our local electric company, in which I do not owe.

I moved out of parents home in Oct 2003 and started living on my own at the age of 18. In 2005 things went sour for me and then live-in girlfriend - we split up and I ended up moving back home with parents for awhile. I disconnected all bills and received my final electric bill (with the words final bill stamped on the bottom) and paid this (still have the receipt). Things were fine - I continued to live with parents until Oct of 2007 when I again moved out on my own - into a townhouse for 1 full year.

While I was living with parents around the time of Feb 2006 - I started receiving these phone calls almost weekly if not oftener from a collection agency known as NCO (Marlin Integrated Capital, LLC) for a bill of $284.00 they told me that it was from our local electric company, they were very insistent that I pay them then and there - I told them that I needed to check into this accusation - since I was never late or missed paying any of my utilities while living on my own. I took down their phone number and then called the electric company - in which they researched my complete payment history with them and told me that they did not see where I was ever late or missed a single payment to them - they also stated that they can see my last and final bill from them which was dated 2005 Feb. due in March 09 2005 in which I paid 4 days ahead of time, thru Western Union (I have all receipts).

So to make a long story short - I applied for a home loan (my now girlfriend and I have a baby on the way) and I was denied.

I DO NOT OWE this bill - after being denied I called the electric company again and was told all over again that I do not owe them any money and that they see I have paid my final bill - for me to have that collection agency call them and they will tell them. Or file a dispute with the credit reporting agency. In which I am in the process of doing. But I in turn also called this Marlin Integrated Capital again and they still insist that I owe this bill. and told me I could send them a copy of the final bill that I say I say I have and it could take maybe anywhere from 1 month to 2 years to INVESTIGATE IT !!!
That is just pure BS! I need this taken care of now - I have a family on the way ! I am a very responsible adult who takes care of any bills I accrue.

Any suggestions or help in this matter would truly be appreciated.

Derek
Inwood, West Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/02/2008 11:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Marlin-Integrated-Capital-LLC/Horsham-Pennsylvania-19044/Marlin-Integrated-Capital-LLC-Have-baby-on-the-way-Applied-for-Home-Loan-WAS-DENIED--387183. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Marlin Integrated Capital, LLC