Complaint Review: Marlin Leasing

• Submitted: Thu, July 31, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, August 04, 2008

• Reported By:SIMI VALLEY California
Marlin Leasing
300 Fellowship Road Mount Laurel, New Jersey U.S.A.
  • Phone: 888-479-9111
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Marlin Leasing Lease Contract Deception Mount Laurel New Jersey

*Author of original report: Contract Liability Explanation

I had the misfortune of entering into a lease agreement with Marlin Leasing on 7/8/2008, to purchase an electronic medical records program from Leum Software. Everything was going smoothly until 7/29/2008, when Marlin leasing, decided to impose a liability insurance requirement. They faxed me a notice claiming I had to buy liability insurance from them at $14.68 a month, or name them as a third party, on a separate policy, otherwise after 30 days they would fine me $50.00 for non compliance.

I have been going back and forth with Shawn O'Neill, asking what specific risk I was insuring against, since it was only a computer program installed on my personal computer, and I did pay Leum Software 6 months in advance for technical support and updates.

They explained since I did not own the equipment, I had to insure it against loss, like fire or theft. As I see it the program installed on my computer, would mean I would have to suffer loss of said computer. I argued the program could be restored to its original capacity simply by contacting Leum Software, and having them reinstall on another computer.

I also mentioned I do not think you can consider a computer program equipment, since it only enhances the capabilities of my computer. Bottom line is they did not fully disclose the additional costs required, and 3 weeks later are trying to tack on this additional cost. I would definitely not do business with Marlin leasing, and be sure you know the company before you agree to anything.

Jmcdoc
SIMI VALLEY, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2008 11:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Marlin-Leasing/Mount-Laurel-New-Jersey-08054/Marlin-Leasing-Lease-Contract-Deception-Mount-Laurel-New-Jersey-358006. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Marlin Leasing

Contract Liability Explanation

AUTHOR: Jmcdoc - (U.S.A.)

I am happy to report a third party from the software company was able to intervene and finally explain to me what liability was being insured. Turns out some company's discontinue payment of leased equipment when the equipment is broken or stolen. I was able to make my point about full disclosure of additional cost, not mentioned in the original contract, which the third party will pass onto the leasing company. I am satisfied with how this finally turned out and hope to move forward.

bod