Complaint Review: Marlin Leasing

• Submitted: Thu, December 21, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, December 21, 2006

• Reported By:Delray Beach Florida
Marlin Leasing
300 Fellowship Road Mount Laurel, New Jersey U.S.A.

Marlin Leasing Leased Equipment Paid an extra 6 months of payments Never excersised my $1.00 buy back Over paid by $1851.06 Mount Laurel New Jersey

I leased equipment from Marlin Leasing back in May of 2000. At the inception of the lease I paid one month's upfront payment and one month's security deposit. The terms of the lease were for a period of 60 months- After that time there would be a buy back of exactly $1.00 to own the equipment outright. After about 4 Years and 6 months of perfect payments by myself, my business was sold and the new owner made payments. Without either myself or the new owner realizing the $1.00 buy back was coming due, the new owner continued making the $308.51 payment for an additional 6 months past the $1.00 by back period. An extra $1850.51 + $308.51 in security deposit was paid. No one was ever notified about the $1.00 by back. The most outrageous issue is that I am now being sued because the payments were stopped after the 6 months of over payments- We are not asking for the over payments back. However, I keep getting calls from an attorney from the firm of Jordan & Beck - Tel # (800-563-4742) saying "Let the buyer beware"- I thought it was a bad dream- I told him why would I not just pay the $1.00 instead of overpaying over $1800 in payments- Mr. Beck goes on to say why didn't I read the agreement- I told him it was 5 years ago and I had no recollection of what the contract read- I owned a business and that was not my only bill due- Additionally why didn't you send me notice of the $1.00 by back- I said I lease cars all the time and I am sent a letter saying the lease is coming due- THIS IS A SCAM.- (PS- I have impeccable credit with not one late in my entire life- my middle credit score is 785) I say this because I want you to get a feel for who I am.

Delray Beach, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/21/2006 03:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Marlin-Leasing/Mount-Laurel-New-Jersey-08054/Marlin-Leasing-Leased-Equipment-Paid-an-extra-6-months-of-payments-Never-excersised-my-1-226676. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Marlin Leasing